Agnostic.com

5 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well there you have it the RC church believe in witches and even after 500 years of killing them they have not got rid of them.
So stupid and inefficient?

A school need not declare that it is banning certain books. It is the right and duty of school officials to select books for its library that they deem appropriate. I can see that parents would have input, but no one else need bother themselves about the issue. After all, the students are perfectly free to read Harry Potter books at home.

The only “mess” is the one you create in your own mind with judgmental or untrue thoughts.

@maturin1919 I personally think the decision was mistaken but I don’t plan to let that mistake darken my day.

I think I agree with you, except in that "banning" a set of books rather than deciding not to shelve them and then announcing the ban is a public statement.

I also think it's a political one, but that's more my opinion than anything else. I don't really believe that they believe the claim they make about "real" witchcraft and spells, but maybe I give my old haunt (the Catholic church) too much credit.

@surrealhoax It does seem like a publicity trick but I don’t know why a church would do such a thing. Catholics generally have a reputation for intelligence and dignity, as opposed to my old bunch of Baptists.

@WilliamFleming The Church wasn't the one that made the announcement, but a human person within the school that is run by the church. I don't assume any positive or negative stereotypes for Catholics or Baptists. I just think someone tried really hard to get noticed by local news and this is the result.

What Bullshit

Now this tells me that the people who are banning the books are witches. How else would they know these are real spells?

Totally accurate assessment.

They could, of course, be dragon keeping wizards.

@Petter I do not think so, any one smart enough to have and care for a dragon would be smart enough not to let those kinds of secrets out.

@dalefvictor You mean our secrets like never offending your dragon by using a pathetic lighter for your pipe? (duh.)

i remember when the books were just starting to gain popularity, there was warning from churches that the books should be banned. --- REAL curses and spells though. mmmm hmmmm

Maybe i should read those books! I didn't know that shit was Real. I could really use some of that help.

@MrLink I think it was Swaggart that said that one of the Teletubbies was gay. I started to watch the show before I went to work just to see what was going on. I really thought it was strange that the only reason for Tinky winky to be seen as gay was that he was also purple. I thought that if they were going to go against one of them it would be dipsy for being drunk or drinking. One never knows where stupid will choose to go.

@dalefvictor tinky winky also had a looks around before whispering a purse. 😂😂😂

@Lillyfield41 Heck, I have a purse, one never knows when one might end up in the hospital so one should carry the necessities. Power cord for phone, a BlueTooth keyboard so I can write if I get the bug, necessities.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:397241
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.