Agnostic.com

91 11

Why Men Send Dick Pics

What are your thoughts?

[psychologytoday.com]

VictoriaNotes 9 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

91 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Only on request, not every request has been successful.

It's the same reason that some women send tit picks.

This is the only Dick pic I ever send. It’s the classiest Dick pic I’ve ever seen.

I have nothing. I've never sent one and I have no plans on it in the near future. I could only guess that these guys who do it are really proud of their dicks.

So they can't hear me laugh?

Part of this phenomenon could be a power trippy deal: you incredibly didn't ask for my dick pic...but I'm going to send it to you anyhow. Take that! Very juvenile at best. Very desperate at its worst.

Tricky...

Some, not all.

"Men notoriously misperceive women's sexual interest in them and project their own sexual interests and desires onto women,"....."One issue is that men just aren't good at hearing, or responding to "No.""
Yes! So much yes!!

Just because he is a Dick named Dick

I've never done this. I'm not as "bold" as the article mentions.

As a woman who has recieved them unsolicited, this is a GREAT question. My theories are thus:
The man fears rejection based on his face, therefore hopes you will be amazed by his average looking penis?
He is a sexual predator and is on the police sheet for said crime and cannot show his face?
Or he just thinks his junk is so AMAZING that everyone should admire it as much as he does???

So do you report them when given the option?

@kensmile4u of course. After I harass them...

@Corvislover Good for you. I hope it helps to clean up the dating pool 😉

Some men have severe mental issues and in their fucked up brain, they think this impresses women. It would be like saying you were impressed with a rapist. I feel like saying "Is that the best you've got? And if so, you've really hit rock bottom."

Without being asked, Ihavnt got the slightest clue apart from being very shallow and assuming woman are just like men.

I block them.

Since some people think l am a Dick, they just need to look at my profile photo.

Of course, the real answer to the question of why SOME men send dick pics is, because the don't have vaginas!

The article implies Dick Pics are either a strategy to trigger a response or it's compulsive behavior. But if it's a strategy that women unanimously reject (as implied by the article) then one could assume the strategic group of men would stop eventually due to lack of response (or criticism). The remaining group of men would be compulsive which is not a safe situation. It is an interesting topic that in the interest of public safety should be studied at length (no pun intended). 😉

No game

I saw another tread similar to this recently. I don't remember if it was here or somewhere else. The general consensus of the women who responded to the thread was to never send one unless asked, and always include at least the upper portion of the body. A pic of a dick is just that. No context. Boring. A dick is a dick is a dick. So now, thanks to those responses, I only send pics with my face included, and never without being specifically asked.

I have asked the recipients for their reaction to receiving a "dick pic" with the rest of the body and the response has been 100% positive.

Don't judge. We all have our little turn-ons. 😉

I have no idea and some are just right of the bat. I guess when they send them pretty early on it just gives me the opportunity to see what they're working with, and know whether they're worth my time. In most cases size does matter, so It's good to know. ?

I don’t nor do I understand men who do.

Junk Mail

Insecurities. They feel as though they have nothing else to offer...so they go with what primatively attracts them.

I have no idea and some are just right of the bat. I guess when they send them pretty early on it just gives me the opportunity to see what they're working with, and know whether they're worth my time. In most cases size does matter, so It's good to know. ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39782
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.