Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Warren and Clinton talk behind the scenes as 2020 race intensifies

"WASHINGTON — Elizabeth Warren's team doesn't want to talk about Hillary Clinton, but that doesn't mean the 2020 presidential candidate isn't talking with her party's 2016 nominee.

The two women have kept a line of communication open since the Massachusetts senator decided to run for president — though only a conversation around the time of Warren's launch has been previously reported — according to several people familiar with their discussions who spoke to NBC on the condition of anonymity because of the political sensitivity of private interactions.

It’s hard to know exactly how many times they’ve reached out to each other — or precisely what they’ve discussed — in part because neither camp wants to reveal much of anything about their interaction and in part because they have each other's phone numbers, and there are many ways for two high-powered politicians to communicate that don’t involve their staffs."

WilliamCharles 8 Sep 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Any communications could reveal many of the mistakes that Clinton made, informing Warren's decision-making. Basically, Warren could learn what not to do.

Though I think the purpose would actually be to double down on the Clinton strategy of, "Where else are you gonna go?," thereby meaning that the electorate will need to understand that the crumbs offered is the best they're going to get.

Hillary support is the kiss of death (and rightly so).

@WilliamCharles Warren and Clinton are miles apart in their personalities, intelligence, and political strategies. Warren stands head and shoulders above Clinton. No way is she seeking any basic advice from Clinton.

@wordywalt

As others have stated, I think she sold out Bernie in 2016 because of a spot on the Clinton ticket dangled before her. I think a lot of Establishment support for her is so she can kneecap Bernie for 2020. She has already shown a willingness to backpedal on a number of core issues. It's the equivalent to Clinton's "public and private" positions in my view.

@WilliamCharles That is pure, unadulterated horse manure.

@wordywalt

Maybe, but I think the jury is still out. I judge Bernie by some of the enemies he's amassed, and Warren by some of the entities she's acceptable to.

@wordywalt Warren is a left wing nut job!

@If that is what you think, I have to question who is the nut job.

This confirms all my suspicions about how progressives should not trust Warren and how she is less of a progressive and more of a fake opportunist who puts her own ambitions ahead of progressive values every time. I can see why Bernie is not even thinking of her as a possible VP pick and instead wanting to go with the relatively unknown Nina Turner because she is at least genuine and trustworthy as a progressive. This article also shows, unfortunately, that Bernie is probably doomed again as far as the nomination, as Hillary again will get the centrist she wants instead of Bernie being nominated.

I think the groundswell of loyal Bernie support is what puts him over the top. The DNC Establishment is banking on the same dynamic as was in play in 2016, i.e., the electorate will have no other choice than their mediocre offering. The difference is we are on to their shenanigans, and will not tolerate a repeat performance.

Disturbingly, the only problem with this is that corporate Dems would rather lose to Trump than win with a progressive.

@WilliamCharles That was clearly their priority last time. Keeping a progressive out is their real agenda. As I've said before, even if they lose, they and their kids will still get their Ivy League educations, their lobbyist, corporate, Wall Street, and government jobs. The gravy train continues for them whether they control congress or the White House or not as long as they serve the corporate agenda. The are the fake opposition party and it's all just Kabuki theater with them and the Repubs.

@TomMcGiverin

Very well stated.

No matter what those 2 idiots do Trump’s going to win in 2020. No use worrying about them. Go Trump!

It's quite possible Trump has more idiot followers, glob forbid.

@Fred_Snerd

I think Bernie is changing that dynamic. Plus, he energizes and mobilizes that part of the electorate that previously chosen to sit out elections. The Establishment Dems really missed the boat on that in 2016. They had the opportunity to lock up the youth vote for years to come, but instead they went with the same old same old they were certain would be a sure thing.

@Fred_Snerd

Despite Bernie's flaws, I think Bernie represents a welcome sea change to the status quo. You can largely judge him by the enemies he's amassed.

Maybe there's a purity pony whose positions across the board are preferable to Bernie's, but I don't see them as having a chance for victory like Bernie does.

@WilliamCharles Bernie’s a screwball left wing nut. We’re in big trouble if that idiot or any of the other democraps win.

@Trajan61

I see your point. Your stable genius is doing such a bang up job.

/s

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:399233
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.