Agnostic.com

4 1

How did people react when you told them your atheism?

Admin 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Badly. Anywhere from total shocked silence to anger and belligerence. A few admitted that they were also atheists. In this atmosphere in this country today, it's downright dangerous to "come out" as atheist.

Well, I did a double whammy. I came out as both being gay and an atheist at the same time. Funny that they were more worried about my being gay than my lack of belief.... So, in short, they were most concerned about what they felt would be most embarrassing to them in the eyes of others.

My primary purpose of coming out also as atheist at the time was to basically take any religious tools they had away, so I would not have to hear all that crap. They can't try to appeal to me with what I don't believe in. So, I basically rendered their arguments powerless.

Hate it, don't know why I don't BELIEVE!!!!

Why? I'm curious. I sometimes think, life would be SO much easier to believe than not.

My mother and sister were very understanding when I told them I'm agnostic. I've yet to share this more openly.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.