Agnostic.com

9 13

Here we go again. Flash floods and mudslides.

Climate change. Burned hillsides have no plants to hold the soil.

This morning, pounding rain flooded streets and businesses in downtown Wenatchee, WA.

[wenatcheeworld.com]

An eight-feet-deep wash of rocks, mud and debris closed South Lake Shore Road in Chelan once again, when Slide Ridge gave way. There was another mudslide in Entiat. More landslides will be reported before day's end.

[ncwlife.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Stay safe

CS60 Level 7 Sep 10, 2019

I'm glad that you are staying safe. I'm sorry the hills are not.

Takes decades for hillsides to recover with any kind of prevent growth for slides ,man needs to steep in and build barriers to help the process,since they created it in the first place,,Stay Safe,

They don't seem to learn.

First let me add my wishes to the stay-safe chorus.

Then... Just out of curiosity...
Any news of the Fourth of July trail? It sounds to me like bailing may have been an even more prudent choice than you realized a couple of days ago. Ha, ha, I hope.😀

RichCC

"Let's meet at the 4th of July trailhead at 9:30 a.m." Gro said last evening. "We can talk about where to hike."

"I'm not going," I replied. "I don't want to be hit by lightning, a flash flood or mudslides."

This morning, pounding rain began flooding streets at 8 a.m. The steep gravel road leading to the trailhead will turn into a muddy river.

I wondered. My wife and I lived about 10 years in Issaquah and Bellevue and we often heard stories of poor drainage plans in the area.

The Oso flood a few years ago really brought it home to me. I knew you could get into trouble in the woods. But I didn't feel it -- a whole neighborhood. Even at home you have to be aware.

That is really awful.

Compassion of god show its head again.

Be Safe... there is only One of You.

Please please be careful honey

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 10, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:400362
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.