Agnostic.com

15 1

Likelihood of meeting in person

Much like the above says, do you really think you're going to meet someone on here or did you join mostly for the novelty?

• 19 votes
  • 7 votes
  • 25 votes
JohnSayles 4 Nov 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In my theistic/republican state, it is highly unlikely I will encounter any rational member living within a reasonable driving range.

I probably have already met several members. I go to a lot of Atheist conferences.

Hoping to meet someone but not counting on it

You never know,if an individual was in the area where I live,why not.

I joined for checking out the conversation (another site, atheist.com, turned out to be overbearing). Now, after getting involved, it has become a little bit of both but still mostly conversation.

Depends on the conversation.

And on the distance / number of people meeting / place....

I think this website was somewhat oversold as dating site. I don't anticipate making enough of a connection with anyone on here to actually meet in person, but some of the threads are interesting enough to not delete my profile.

GwenC Level 7 Nov 17, 2017

I am completely open to meeting someone from here, however I'm a VERY private person and have a hard time trusting people. One of the reasons why I've been single for 10yrs.

Most people I talk to seem to want to marry within a week. I personally want to become friends first and get to know a person before I move to the next step.

I'm the same way about trusting people. I would definitely want to meet in a public place for that reason.

I can't imagine any sane person wanting to marry within a week. 😛

Not looking to meet rather looking for some intelligent conversation.

Me too!

I don't think I will, but there's always a chance. An unbelievably slim chance, but still a chance.

You never know what the future holds.

No, I didn't think I'd meet anyone here. I live in Montana, the plot map they posted a while back showing where their members lived showed very little activity in my area. When I click on meet and select nearby, it only shows me 2 people who actually live in Montana with a lot of people living more than a full days drive away. If anything, I was just hoping to hear from people who are a little more rational than normal.

I’m next to you in Idaho and I too doubt a meeting or a love connection has any basis in reality. Our beliefs or philosophies are becoming more mainstream and this forum if managed well has the potential to be wildly popular and successful. I also think it’s important for people to have a refuge from the oppressiveness of Christianity and if my voice can help and I have the time, I feel I should be here.

For me personally I am not looking for a relationship and due to some major life experience I’m not sure I will in the future but I leave room for the possibility.

Although I love making new acquaintances (every stranger is a friend not yet made), social media is as it is. I have met a few people from other threads and the outcomes have been generally good, but I don't expect it.

Observation: I don't need anonymity to feel comfortable. Everywhere else I have used my full name, and I have no idea why I chose to use what I have here. Perhaps because it was shorter and would fit the allotted space, though I really can't honestly say.

You'd be surprised where you can find a kindred spirit. I'd say you're not as likely to find someone here as you are on tinder but that doesn't mean there's no hope.

Really? Does Tinder work that well?

At present the membership is still to osmall to likely find anyone who lives locally who is also compativle, but I am open to it. Until, the site grows more, it is just unlikely... for now.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4030
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.