Agnostic.com

17 29

Finished the jacket I made.

You guys asked me to post a photo of the jacket I sewed. First time I made notched collars.

"It looks like velvet," people say. It has a soft shimmer.

No-wale corduroy, the fabric is a cotton-spandex blend. The stretch makes it comfortable. I did insanely time-consuming, Hong-Kong finishing on inside seams to stop fraying. Was ready to commit Hari-Kari with a seam ripper. Take that, corduroy!

The hair stylist curled my hair for a glamorous look. My thick hair is so heavy, the curls slumped while driving home. So much for glamor.

Breathable and comfortable, I will wear this jacket in fall, winter and spring. It fits perfectly. What do you think?

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Great jacket. I really like it. You have done your best. This jacket really suits you. I can't sew, so I won't even try.
For our wedding, I wanted a tailored suit for my fiancé. I found a seamstress, and she set to work. A month later, we took the suit, and it was terrible. The size was wrong, and the seams were terrible. This all happened a week before the wedding. Then we had to quickly look for a new suit. As a result, we found a great suit at [gentlemansguru.com]. As a result, we were very happy that it happened because we found just a great suit.

Great job!! Looks FABulous!

Has taken a while, and sounds like a difficult job, but the finished jacket does look great and is unique to you

I eliminated the large patch pockets on the front of the jacket.

Instead I aimed for simple, elegant lines.

Well done. The finish on shop clothing is inferior to properly home-made clothing.

Hey, what's wrong with candyland?? Lol
That's an impressive feat there. Looks great

@Nakedterror

CandyLand was mind-numbing.

@LiterateHiker I completely sympathize. I have 2 little girls that enjoy it immensley

Very stylish. Are you taking orders ?

You look great.

The jacket doesn't look bad either.

I'm making a Bonnie Prince Charlie jacket for a friend for Ren Faire in the next couple weeks here. Good job on yours!

Very nice! I made a coat once. Funny how a garbage bag fits all.

You and the jacket look absolutely fabulous!

CS60 Level 7 Sep 16, 2019

What a great talent you have!! It looks great on you, and your hair looks so pretty.

Looks great.

You did a great job. It’s very nice.

Beautiful,,well worth all your hard work and maybe a few choice words as your made it,,You are an extremely talented seamstress ,You certainly can be very proud of it ,Fits you like a glove as they say 🙂

It is absolutely stunning. Fits you perfectly and probably goes with everything. You are so talented.

@Spinliesel

Thank you so much. This is the first time I made notched collars.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:403118
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.