Agnostic.com

51 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

51 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I guess all of those people who were lynching people in the south(after church services)were all atheists, with no moral compass.
And, I guess, all of those Spaniards who tortured the Indigineous people to convert to Christianity were atheists, with no moral compass. And the people who committed genocide on the Native Americans were all atheists, with no moral compass.
And, I guess, all the Christians were on the side of the Union during the Civil War, because the south must have been all atheists, with no moral compass!!!

I got into a pretty heated debate with a guy one time about not needing gods to teach me the murder and rape and theft and a whole laundry list of other things were bad. I didn't need a book or a God to provide me with morality or some other theistic-Eagle Scout version of a compass. Common decency taught me that acting in a way that harms people, especially in a way with no regard for the harm DONE, is on the No-no list. He continued to argue that without Gawd, there would be no right and wrong. It degraded in intelligence from there and eventually I ejected. You can't have a discussion like that with a believer, because it threatens the NEED TO BELIEVE.

@Dobbinpitch. In fact religion seems to do the opposite. It takes away the real morals of the believer and replaces them with hateful dogma.

The article author's "opinion" that we are dangerous is spot-on. Atheists are dangerous as hell because we are finally organized enough and a large enough minority to be heard after a few thousand years of having had to "sink in the mud" without being heard at all. He (and all religions) have good reason to be afraid. Their hoax is exposed and non-believers' numbers are growing faster than ever before. This trend won't stop either. I couldn't say how long it will take, but we could be witnessing the last, long, desperate gasps of Christianity, and possibly all belief in mystical skydaddies.

Also your name rocks...🙂

@RedskyRiver So does my tattoo! LOL!

One of the few points on which I agree with Osama Bin Laden. Liberal (the European brand) humanist secularism IS an existential threat to theocracy.

That's an interesting take. The word 'dangerous' is a relative word. To those who opposed gender or racial equality the groups who sought and fought for those things were 'dangerous'. Opposing the status quo or challenging authority or outmoded thinking is always 'dangerous'. It comes from fear of change. This author is full of it.

An article by someone who thinks he understands atheists but really has no clue, a status of which he accuses us.

This is one of those "just reading this made me more stupid" kind of articles.

I feel a disembowelling coming on.

@Blindbird please tell me you aren't Japanese. Should we notify your next of kin, if so? Sepuku is only something you get to do once, man! Think it through!

@DobbinPitch not my bowels,silly.

@Blindbird Whew! Okay. Good. Carry on then. Externalize that rage!

That is what Faux News' purpose is, to spread conservative, evangelical propaganda to as many people who will listen as possible.

Just the mention of (shudder) Fox News gives me hives!

If I'm in a room where Fox is on, I have to leave. How can anyone listen to such lying crap and not beat his/her head against the wall? Same with listening to the gibberish of Ken Ham and his idiots. Makes me want to punch the computer.

Whoah! Thats telling us! Who rattled their cage?

We did... Let's keep doing it!

When I lived in the EU, religion wasnt really a big deal. Coming to the states it's literally everywhere you look. And it's used in decision making here from the White House down. It's used to control and condemn many here as well. So, atheists are dangerous they say. Well possibly, but not nearly as dangerous as their own agenda which I'd say is actively ostracizing them from more and more people on a daily basis.

This is just laughable,and only reaffirms my opinion of Christian hypocrisy and dogma diatribe.

OOOh I am so glad that I am seen as dangerous no one else has ever said that in my entire 70 year life. Makes me burst with pride - Now I feel seriously dangerous no more mrs Nice gal - I will be wolf whistlin all the men on building sites -
WARNING (I SHALL WEAR PURPLE)
Jenny Joseph
When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple
with a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
and satin candles, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired
and gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
and run my stick along the public railings
and make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
and pick the flowers in other people's gardens
and learn to spit.
You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
and eat three pounds of sausages at a go
or only bread and pickles for a week
and hoard pens and pencils and beer nuts and things in boxes.
But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
and pay our rent and not swear in the street
and set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.
But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

HA HA HA! Ive noticed that whatever bullshit FOX'ers and their political fungus say against anyone is infact their stratigy.

Ha. The hilarious--if only--thing is that they yell all the things that they actually are: liers, intimidaters, pulling down truth, etc.

I read this article online and thought about posting it as well. Glad you did. This writer is, to pardon my language, a complete dick, and this article is typical of the shrill nonsense that gets published today by the pro religion media about atheism. All it does is show the fear that religionists have about a growing nonreligious movement and trend in the western world. It reflects on them, not atheists.

Fox news, that's all I needed to hear to know this is a bunch of BS.

The real intimidatorS -- are Fox "News" and the racist right.

We have truth on our side. They are afraid that we will poke a hole in that make believe bubble that they live in and we will. The irony is that it won't be atheists knocking on doors,suppressing gay rights,or committing terrorist acts. Those all belongs to those who are religious.

Catholicism and all the other religions are getting scared. A good sign.

Ah the arrogance and ignorance of FOX news.... It's not news in my eyes. But I did like the little peice on how atheists are dangerous and have caused more deaths and bloodshed then any other religon.....ummmm can we say crusades?

Just to add to this, I just happened to catch a few minutes of Fox (alleged) News streamed live on Youtube recently (I don’t watch Fox, I was flipping through channels) and it was a discussion about how Christians are being victimized and attacked and suppressed in the USA, and how terrible it all was, and the anchor and the guest fell over each other with tales about the suppressed Christians there and how they have to fight back etc. And I thought, if aliens were watching this in their spaceship in space, from this, they would have thought that there was this terrible country on Earth called USA where poor Christians were being persecuted and ostracized for their religion and it is just terrible. Pure Christian martyrdom and fantasy. White Christians form a large part of the US military industrial cooperate elite who run the country and have the power.

I feel like I have to point out that the "opinion" author is also peddling his book about the same topic.

Eg, never trust someone selling something. 🙂

Faux News is always Trump-eting some sort of nonsense or another. At least this one is an opinion piece.

That's me. I'm a bully.

We really need to do a better job on the silencing part.

Yep.

even Hitler belived in god, thats a great endorcement, there is no excuse for relligious bigotry, and who are the "rest of us" ? Muslims, Hindus, Catholics, Protestants, the list goes on, at least unite your religious bigots belifes and pick one, at least agree about which god we are appossed to and wish to silence

Yes, that might be the stupidest thing I've ever read.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40366
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.