Agnostic.com

10 4

The probability of crackling conversations and both delightful and indelicate debates can be had every day of the week.
The possibility of the same with an actual human being sitting across the table from me seems quite unlikely.
I think the boards are great. Lively and thought provoking, they allow glimpses into day to day crap du jour, pressing world and national events and deeply personal struggles. I am grateful for having shared and being shared with.
But the question remains:
With an active membership that's scattered across the nation and even farther, what are the chances of finding a long-term relationship on this site?

fathercat 7 Mar 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I came here looking for interesting conversations. It is fine so far. I hope you will soon find the personal interaction you are looking for.

Personally I would have not given high probability of success for l.d.r. however I have witnessed my daughter and her boyfriend working for the past 3 years on a relationship that, due to their own life choices, has kept them a 24 hours drive or more apart for the majority of the year and will continue for the foreseeable future. Technology has advanced so much with Jetson-esk video chat, cell phones, and instant messages makes it much easier to keep in touch.
I wish you well in your search!

@fathercat a benefit of youth.

I am here for friendship only, not love, sex or a relationship, so it is important that someone lives reasonably close to me. Not many people, myself included, would be willing to travel any distance just for friendship. If I am wrong, please let me know. You are welcome to visit me in my home for a few days,

Well this is a great start

Depends on your flexibility. I travelled cross country to meet someone here. I am talking to other people long distance still. There are very few people near me. I like to travel. What are your boundaries?

I'm headed to Vegas! The odds are infinitely better, there, it seems🙂

Trust me they are not. LOL

I guess that would depend on how much you're willing to travel ...

Probably not fantastic, but it's a guaranteed 0% if you weren't here at all, so view it as an additional possibility and post on 🙂

Hanged if I know, but I'm not looking. Good luck in your quest.

Not that much different than any other site. I'm here for friends and different ideas rather than plaitudes and doublespeak, so I'm not sure what I would do with a long distance relationship so I can't help you there.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40373
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.