Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK Dear Progressives for Warren: Your Class Is Showing - CounterPunch.org

Dear Progressives for Warren: Your Class Is Showing

by ERIC DRAITSER

-----

"Let me begin by making the apparently mandatory and sacrosanct ritual offering to the gods of progressive politics in 2019: “Sure, I like Warren. In fact, I agree with her on many issues. She’s not bad.”

There. I said it. Can we do real politics now?

-----

We’re at that ignominious point where people from all over the left end of the political spectrum in the United States are engaged in the quadrennial kabuki festival known as a presidential campaign, positioning themselves behind whichever hollow woman or stuffed man makes the best promises without improperly picking their nose or farting into a hot mic. Oh joy, campaign season once more."

WilliamCharles 8 Sep 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You are out of your reactionary mind. Lying, and unethical Republican politicians have been selling a false message that government can't do anything to help people without bankrupting our country and making out people weak. That is despicable, immoral, false message. We must make it clear to our people that Republican politicians have one aim -- preserving unwarranted privilege.

I voted. For Bernie in2016 over Hillary, as he was clearly the better candidate. This time Warren is hear and shoulders above Bernie as a candidate. She can and will beat the sociopath Trump, and we, as a nation, will e glad we got her in office.

I agree with all of this and that's why I support Bernie and don't trust Warren. She is clearly an ally of Hillary and most of her supporters backed Hillary last time. Tells you all you need to know about her and her supporters, neither of whom really want political revolution, no matter how much Warren tries to copy Bernie on policy and rhetoric. She is consulting with Hillary behind the scenes and also said she will take corporate money for the general if she gets the nomination. Those things tell you she is a fake progressive. Unfortunately, the latest poll in Iowa, which is by an organization that is usually right, says she is cutting into Bernie's support here rather successfully and he is down to 11% while she is at 22%.

You are do dfar wrong that it is difficult to believe. Warren is the candidate most intelligent, most moral, and most concerned about our people and nation. She has no political or ideological linkage to Hillary. I voted for Bernie 9n the 2016 primary over Clinton. This time, I will vote for Warren over Bernie, as the sis the best person in the field.

@wordywalt You are the one who is ignorant and wrong WW. It has been posted on these boards with links provided about how Warren has been meeting with Hillary this time around. Bernie has always been more moral, consistent, and honest than Warren. Warren is riding Bernie's coattails by copying his progressive agenda (while also assuring the ruling class that she is a capitalist-talk about having it both ways) while also benefiting from the identity politics of being female, as did Hillary last time. Enjoy the block WW.

@Athena Thank you! I blocked him because I don't want to hear any more of his nonsense.

@Athena I agree with you about Bernie, but if the Dems screw him out of the nomination again thru rigging the primaries, I do want him to run third party and would vote for him on that. I still believe he would have won against Trump last time if he made it into the prez debates and he would this time too. The ? is whether he could get into the debates even if he polled 15% or more against Trump and the Dem nominee for the general, which I'm sure he could. As far as educating WW, I'll leave that to more patient types like you.

@Athena See, Athena, that's where you and I differ. Call me overly-cynical, if you will, but I truly believe in my old bones that the Dem leaders and establishment really don't care about winning a prez election as much as they do keeping a real progressive out of power. Because, as I have commented before on these boards, whether they win or lose a prez election, they and their kids will still enjoy going to Ivy League schools, getting lucrative corporate, govt., or Wall Street jobs, as well as continued opportunities to become lobbyists for great money after they leave office. The gravy train never stops for them, whether they win or lose elections, because they play ball with the system in maintaining the status quo and the system rewards them for doing so. They really would rather lose than have Bernie in the White House and nominating the corrupt, damaged, unpopular Hillary proved that to me for good. I knew she would lose to Trump and I told everyone so before it happened, but nobody would listen or believe me because they were naive liberals.

@Athena I truly hope you are right.

@Athena Between watching my wife suffer and die from dementia, coupled with Bernie getting screwed over and Hillary then losing to Trump, those years in the middle of this decade almost broke my heart and mind for good. I don't want to experience a repeat of that with Bernie. I don't know if i could take it again. That's why I am not really volunteering for this time around with Bernie and trying not to get as emotionally invested as last time.

As far as the Iowa Caucuses, I will find out on Feb.3rd.

@Athena I am. I have explained to the local campaign why I just won't get as involved this time around.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:405575
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.