Agnostic.com

3 0

Whenever I hear the phrase "our thoughts and prayers " are with the victims and their familys" I just want to ask....and are you transmitting those thoughts via ESP or some other telepathic means. that phrase just drives me so crazy I just can't take it any more. Next , I want to ask... and what exactly are those freaking thought & prayers supposed to accomplish?" Just stop it with that phrase, STOP IT

Specman 6 Mar 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree but the religious folks don’t have much sense when it comes to religion. Kind of like the liberals don’t have much sense when it comes to Trump.

I think it rolls off politicians tongues far too easly, it has become de rigeur for the political set that really have no earnest feelings of their own.

What's a prayer? Yes, it can be an entreaty to some divine spirit, but it can also mean an earnest hope or wish, which is the way I take it and use it.

cava Level 7 Mar 21, 2018

Why not just say “hope it gets better for you” and it makes a lot more sense. But religion never made a lot of sense to start with.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40583
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.