Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Nancy Pelosi: Barr a “Rogue” Trump Lickspittle Not to Be Trusted on Ukraine | Vanity Fair

I'm glad Nancy is calling the shots now!

"Among the many Trump administration toadies, there is one who stands out from the pack for the depths to which he’s sacrificed any and all dignity to further the president’s interests: Attorney General William Barr. In addition to the (relatively!) benign act of cutting Trump a $30,000 check for the honor of throwing the Justice Department’s holiday party at his Washington hotel, Barr famously took it upon himself to clear the president of obstruction of justice even though Robert Mueller’s report did not at all do that. (Those aware of the fact that Barr got his current job by sending an unsolicited 19-page memo to the DOJ in June 2018, in which he called the special counsel’s inquiry into potential obstructions of justice “fatally misconceived,” and insisted “Mueller should not be permitted to demand that the president submit to interrogation about alleged obstruction,” would not have been surprised.)

And now, Barr seemingly believes he can carry on business as usual at the Justice Department, despite the fact that it was his department that conveniently told the acting director of National Intelligence he had no obligation to send an “urgent” whistle-blower report to Congress, which may or may not have had something to do with the fact that Barr himself was mentioned in the complaint. (Barr holds he did nothing improper.) House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, though, has a slightly different point of view!

Speaking to CNN on Friday, Pelosi said, “the attorney general has gone rogue,” adding that “he has for a long time now. And since he was mentioned in all of this, it’s curious that he would be making decisions about how the complaint would be handled.” The complaint, released on Thursday, did not detail any actions taken by Barr that contributed to the effort to persuade Ukraine to dig up dirt on Joe Biden. But it did describe Trump’s claim, during a July 25 phone conversation, that Barr would give Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelensky a call about the investigation he was hoping the Eastern European nation would undertake, withholding aid to incentivize the guy. Kerri Kupec, a Justice Department spokeswoman, said Wednesday that Barr had not communicated with Ukraine on anything, nor had he spoken with Rudy Guliani about the phone call “or anything relating to Ukraine.” But you’ll have to forgive Pelosi—and, y’know, millions of Americans—if she’s not willing to give Barr the benefit of the doubt.

jerry99 8 Sep 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

trump never had any intention of draining the swamp. Rather he saw the swamp, wanted in and has brought in only the best swamp creatures (how else do you explain stephen miller).

barr is another face on the screen I can not stand to look at. I am glad something is happening, still too many trump supporters going 'Nothingburger' or what about hillary!

It's worse! Trump's State Dept. intensifies email probe of Hillary Clinton’s former aides
[washingtonpost.com]

@jerry99 Just read that. It is just stunning but not unexpected by these people in the WH. It is disturbing how many are without a conscience in this administration. Is it just self preservation that makes them defend trump and go after ANYone who dares to deny him what he wants? Or does trump have a network of dirt that is so big as to be able to control these toadies? I remember how many did not go against j edgar concerning the mafia. edgar denied organized crime existed for the longest time and there was NO getting him out of the FBI.

I'm with Nancy on this, in fact I wouldn't trust ANYBODY who works/worked for drump, they Must be either stupid or as greedy as he is. Period.

Barr should be in bars.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:408143
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.