Agnostic.com

4 1

Omega 7, has anyone heard of it, and if so, has anyone tried it, and does it work like they're claiming?

Clare 7 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Heard of it, never tried it.

From what I've been able to ascertain, the verdict is still out.

marga Level 7 Mar 21, 2018

I'm not sure "what they're claiming," but Omega 3, 6, 7 and 9 unsaturated fatty acids are essential to the metabolism. Omega 9 can be synthesized by the body and as such is not considered essential in our diet; a balanced diet ought to provide sufficient amonts of the rest, though some people may benefit from supplements (as with most dietary supplements, it's important not to overdo it - more does not equal better, and there is evidence suggesting a link between too much Omega fatty acids and various diseases).

Jnei Level 8 Mar 21, 2018

@Clare A lot of health food websites say Omega fatty acids can help reduce cholesterol, but health websites run by medical organisations say they don't - but they are beneficial to heart health in other ways. I'd be suspicious of claims Omega 7 can promote weight loss, which sounds rather too much like a marketing ploy.

@Clare Agreed - if you're not getting enough from your diet for whatever reason (ie an allergy to fish), supplements are likely to be worthwhile.

no, but I am gonna go check it out now...being allergic to fish runs in my family, so I don't get the strong Omega3's that I need and have to take them in vitamin form....sounds exciting!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40852
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.