Agnostic.com

3 0

LINK Bernie’s Path to Victory

"It shouldn’t be surprising that the corporate media has recently ramped up its drive to isolate and attack Bernie Sanders. Nobody ever said that taking on the entire political and economic establishment would be easy.

By insisting that Bernie’s star is fading, liberal pundits, the Democratic establishment, and their progressive proxies have done their best to create a self-fulfilling prophecy, which has then been borne out in recent polls.

But the news isn’t all bad — far from it. We’re still early in the race, with plenty of time for Joe Biden to continue putting his foot in his mouth and for Elizabeth Warren to falter under increased scrutiny as a front-runner.

But Bernie’s path to the White House ultimately doesn’t depend on what the media says or what his political rivals do. It depends on us. By continuing to build a deep grassroots infrastructure to turn out an unprecedented number of disaffected voters, we can win.

The dirty secret of American democracy is how few people take part in elections, especially primaries. Faced with political institutions dominated by the ultra rich, many people understandably feel that it’s a waste of time to participate. In the 2016 presidential primary, for example, the overall turnout was only 28.5 percent — and even this number was significantly higher than normal."

WilliamCharles 8 Oct 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mr. Sanders needs to do a better job of getting his ideas across and getting people to really care about this upcoming election. He has to. Mr. Yang just came out with some great ideas today, I just read. Mr Sanders needs to keep listening and adapting his campaign.

I'm all in for Bernie. IMO Bernie will win when his minority of followers win primaries over the splintered opponents.

When Bernie is going down, is it everybody else's fault? His job is to lead and win, not whine.

There's verifiable instances of the MSM doctoring Bernie's numbers already at this stage. I'm counting on strong voter turnout in the primaries to quiet the naysayers.

Bernie definitely beats Trump. All the others are questionable, as bad as Trump is. And, Glob help us, Shillary has come out of the woods again (McResistance). Corporate Dems would rather lose with a centrist than win with a progressive.

Tired of that shit. Seriously tired.

@WilliamCharles

I can understand the high passions of the small band of supporters of Bernie for what Bernie is promising. Who does not want what he is promising?

I know you want a change, I do to. but I do not see that happening with Bernie or anybody in the amount Bernie is expecting. Even if Bernie gets the full senate and full house, he will not be able to pass what he wants. Just remember, Obama had both chambers and it was quite a struggle to get non single payer Obamacare passed. Our own Democrats balked with the fear of a backlash in the red states.

The problem is in the lack of pragmatism. Where our country is, how hard it is get anything done with bi-partisan support, how he is going to fund trillions of everything free, and his own demographics point only to one thing. Bernie will not win.

If Bernie is nominated and fails, the defeat of the Democrats will be for the history books. It will be a text book in Harvard to teach what not to do in presidential politics. Democrats will be embarrassed to walk in streets and called Democrats. We will not be able to win the presidency, senate and house for another 30 years and like Reagan said, it will be truly a "New Morning" for Republicans. That is what Democrats are still not buying his message although many like it. The lack of practicality and the fear of a huge historical defeat is what driving Democrats not to fall for him... the second time around.

I am saying this to disparage Bernie. What Bernie and his supporters are riding on is a Dream and not Realities on the ground.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:409093
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.