Agnostic.com

35 17

LINK Fox News Op-Ed: Atheists Are ‘Bullies’ Who Try To Force Their Beliefs On Others

'"Atheists today are the most arrogant, ignorant and dangerous people on earth."

"There’s no polite way to say it. Atheists today are the most arrogant, ignorant and dangerous people on earth."

So begins Anthony DeStefano's op-ed for Fox News, throughout which he claims that atheists are responsible for the vast majority of humanity's suffering, wars, death, and destruction.'

Yes, I went through the history books and added up all the wars started in the name of non-religion. It was shocking. (Spoiler alert- it was zero.)

Paul4747 8 Oct 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks for the morning laugh. " They" are so self unaware! It is not atheists that forced the words " in god we trust" onto our paper money. Nor did atheists force the words "under god" into the pledge of allegiance. And of course the bloody wars faught in the name of one God or another.
Ahhh, but I preach to the choir.

Most atheists make no attempt to force their views on others. That tends to be the domain of evangelical Christians.

In my experience, I've simply answered the question truthfully as to whether or not I believe. Then they start questioning how I could not believe and I point out all the fallacies of belief. This type of answer is interpreted as attempting to force my views because they usually have no logical or rational response to why I don't believe.

@redbai Yep, pointing out the insane mythology of the religious is in fact "forcing our sanity on them". Like asking how Noah could have fit 5000 species of mammals onto one boat... pointing out that Lot, supposedly the most just man in Sodom, tried to throw his daughters to the mob to be raped... things like that.

Who cares what fox news said... They never tell the truth anyway...

While generally I agree... it has a wide enough viewer base that they cause a serious rift in this country. Their propaganda is part of why there is so much controversy. Their poor viewers can't seem to get that they are opinions... not facts. Huge difference, especially when those opinions tend to be based on very personal bias, not facts.

@AmyLF I understand this. You can lead a moron to books... But you cannot make them read. (And even if you could... You couldn't make them understand.)

Trump was correct in saying that he could shoot someone and not lose his base. These are people of the land, the common clay of the red states... You know.. Morons!

Right-Wing Religious Freaks Are β€˜Bullies’ Who Try To Force Their Beliefs On Others ... there, I fixed it for Fox.

Heard we eat babies too!

Coming from Fox News, what do you expect? Problem is there are a lot of religious right wingers who believe this tripe. Then give their hard earned wages to the millionaire β€œpreacher”.

Oh come on. You mean you've never eaten a baby? πŸ™‚

@TheoryNumber3 Nibbled a bit πŸ˜‰

@Canndue See? I thought so! πŸ™‚

Jesus. "War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery, and Ignorance Is Strength."

I like that πŸ‘

"Life is sacred? Who said so? God? Hey if you read history you'll find that god is one of the leading causes of death. Has been for thousands of years. Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Jews, all taking turns killing each other because god told 'em it was a good idea. The sword of god, the blood of the lamb, vengeance is mine...MILLIONS of dead motherfuckers. Millions of dead motherfuckers all because they gave the wrong answer to the god question.

'Do you believe in god?' 'No.' BAM. DEAD.

'Do you believe in god?' 'Yes.' 'Do you believe in MY god?' 'No.' BAM. DEAD. 'MY god has a bigger dick than YOUR god!'"

-George Carlin (Back in Town HBO Special, 1996)

Yup........door-to-door, worming my way in, yessirree........

I know, Always knocking at my door trying to force their non beliefs on me.

Look at the source. Faux News is a joke. Deliberate propaganda station since its inception under Murdoch.

What always seem missing is any conflicts of interests. At least NPR mentions when it is doing a report (+ or -) on a company they say so and so a company is a supporter. Some non-profits like the Smithsonian also mention this. It should be standard procedure for any media company. Unfortunately, it's become just another ploy to stir up one's base.

As usual, at no point did he demonstrate that we are wrong by providing EVIDENCE that his imaginary friend is real. It was nothing but a long winded insult to non-believers and an appeal to the illogical concept that "popularity=truth".

Why am I not surprised that FUX network was the source of this?

That's called flipping the script.

more like shoving your head so far up your ass it ends up as your head.

edit - it was meant for him, not you.

Fox wouldn't know the truth if it bit them in the ass

Haha, it's not a belief.

Gawd Level 5 Oct 5, 2019

They like to keep pushing atheist to the sidelines so they can use their Christian Privilege to say and do whatever they want. I hope to see the day when atheists are treated as equals.

I have never seen so much "the pot calling the kettle black." Trump has certainly set the mode with so much garbage.

DeStefano has such a hard-on for atheists.
He's pathetic.

@Imatheistically I'm game for that.

Sounds to me very much like yet another of Wrinkled-up Rupert Turdoch's ' bum-buddies' has started dribbling the shit he's been tasting from his despotic boss again.
INMHO, ANYTHING that is excreted by the Turdoch owned media empire is about 0.00000001% of conjecture and the rest is utter BULLSHIT at the very best.

Amen.

It's funny how he says that we are trying to force our beliefs on others. All we want to do is not have them force their beliefs on us.

I’m sure there are atheists out there that do try to force their views on others. Just as there are theist that do not force their views on others. It takes all kind of people to make a world.

Hahahahaha
That’s awesome!
I love it
I’m happy for the publicity

Did we hurt your feelings Xians?
GOOD

Fox lies and propaganda at it again. Even if some of us arrogant about our atheism (it can happen after decades of inquiry on the subject), it doesn't change the fact that their religion is man made hogwash. But we are anything but ignorant and dangerous. That's an outright lie. There's zero evidence for it. But their listeners will never hear facts will they.

Fake News!! πŸ˜‚

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:410507
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.