Agnostic.com

19 8

Hello all. I am a Veteran and in my different groups being an atheist is hard as most Vets believe in a bronze age fairy tale. So it's difficult.

Docaj 4 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

its the same across the board mate. welcome

Thank you

Thank you

It is easier to convince soldiers to give their life if they believe they will be in paradise if they die.

Thank you

We’re pretty lax on the Bronze Age deities around here.

Thank you

Welcome

Thank you

Welcome to the asylum. Enjoy your stay!
Thank you for your service.

Thank you

Welcome fellow Vet! You're gonna love this place!

Thank you

I spent 11 years in the army. You're not alone in your disbelief. For the record my dogtags said "Methodist."

JimG Level 8 Mar 21, 2018

Thank you

I live deep in the bible belt.. I can relate.

You will probably fit in well here. Ask questions, comment, read. Make yourself at home.

Thank you

TYFYS I am a vet as well Desert Shield Desert Storm.

Thank you

Welcome, I'm retired AF.(i guess I should be more specific since AF can mean 'as fuck' these days - I mean Air Force in this case so, rephrasing - I'm retired AF AF). I love the smell of freedom here in the morning here! Enjoy.

jeffy Level 7 Mar 23, 2018

Thanks Navy field medic served with Marine corps infantry

As a fellow vet l welcome you to the site.

Atheist Vet present & accounted for! I remember getting my dog-tags & the look I got when for religion I chose NP (No Preference), don't remember "You've got to be kidding" being a choice!

things will be easier here

I think many in the service currently, and some when I served, would have said they were Atheist except for the toll it would have taken on their professional career. It's too bad that it has such a stigma, but times - they are a-changin'.

522nd M.I. Bn 2nd A.D. here. You won't stand alone as a Vet again.

NO PREF

Here's something you might find of interest, @Docaj

[militaryatheists.org]

Cav Trooper Vet, welcome to the show!! Hooah, Allons!!

C Troop 1/11 Armored Cavalry Regiment 1983-84, The Border Legion.

Aye,aye. Docaj field medic

Docaj Level 4 Mar 22, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41059
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.