Agnostic.com

14 18

Completing a nagging chore is deeply rewarding. How about you?

To my dismay, the corduroy jacket I made in September kept coming unbuttoned. Arriving home, I hung it in the closet and promptly forgot about it. Repeat.

Yesterday I finally sat down with a needle and thread and carefully tightened the buttonhole.

Also, conditioned and waterproofed my suede hiking boots which I do Spring and Fall. "Apply to wet leather," the instructions blithely say. But water beads up and runs off the boots because the waterproofing works so well.

Had success using a spray bottle with water. "After two minutes, remove excess solution with a clean cloth." No way. I want it all to soak in.

My beaming sense of satisfaction continues today.

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't feel this way about most chores since I despise most chores :/ I feel this way about errands and personal daily or weekly/monthly/etc. goals I set for myself. I suppose I can try to condition myself to actually enjoy chores, but it does not seem worth it and seems like too much work after a lifetime of being conditioned negatively regarding chores. That's my personal take. XD

Oh hell yes. I usually take a week off in the fall and just go crazy, inside and out. This year I couldn't because my hospital was merged (head stomping really) and I worked 20 out of the last 23 days, so I'm just picking off the smaller ones for now. Can't wait to do the big ones.

My nagging chore was to remodel my second 55 year old bathroom which was way overdue. Glass subway tile and Granite floor sink etc. Took 3 months before all parts were ordered delivered and installed.

@richiegtt

Congratulations! Looks beautiful. Well done.

Thanks

Yes.
I'm too stoic to elaborate (dishes and laundry, cough-cough) but I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL this.

I was able to finally track down and order a part of my truck that has been elusive. Now I can put away my pith helmet and binoculars for a few days

@BudFrank

Love your sense of humor, Sherlock Holmes!

@LiterateHiker this is probably closer to the truth

Oh definitely. I had extra time today. Put an extra blanket on the bed. Got the big pile of laundry taken care of, got the computer speakers hooked up. Feels great.

Went for a run this morning. It was too beautiful to stay inside.

Just finished peeling, coring and slicing a dozen ripe Concorde pears. Swished the slices in lemon/orange juice and into the dryer.

Glad that's done. Time to put my feet up.

This past week I helped install gutters on my work shop and did some reorganizing and cleaning in there. I took a bunch of stuff to the donation center and to the dump. This is something I have needed to do for a couple of years; so, it felt good. Although, today, my body is feeling it a little bit.

Today is a nice day and I need to get myself into gear and finish sealing my front fence. I also need to finish my gazebo/bird feeding station before the bad weather sets in. Maybe I will start on those after I take a nap 😁.

Update: I finished sealing my fence. I spilled the last of the sealant; but not until after I was done (I must have had an angel looking out after me 😂).

The gazebo will have to wait for another day. I'm spent!

I find it not so much rewarding as happy that it is no longer a chore.

That's also true.

Nagging chore? What is that? Things need doing.. it make sense to take care of business...

Sometimes you are just too busy to get to it right away.

you must enjoy chores and do em right away rather than procrastinate.... hence this post won't make sense to you and people like you (my sister comes to mind, always keeping busy always doing chores).

I like to do my own plumbing and small repairs. Then, whenever I turn on that water, or light, or close that door, I take some pride in it.

My nagging chore is to finish painting my back porch but I am too damned lazy and I hate painting. Now I have very little time left.

I was forced by upcoming plans to clean out my largest suitcase.
When my last move took place, I threw a bunch of stuff from my closet
into it, closed the lid, and never gave the contents another thought.

In the process of emptying it, I came across a whole bunch of stuff I'd
forgotten I even owned.
The girl child is getting a new purse to play with.
Her mother is getting "almost new" jeans that I can no longer squeeze my
fat ass into.
Found some old pictures, too. Some of people who have passed, and some
of people who are no longer children.

In any case, it's empty, and ready to be packed.

Completing ones chores once they get to them ,really does make you feel good and accomplished

I do all my own maintenance and repairs inside and outside,,enjoy it and take pride in it,make a few mistakes but i correct them and know better next time,,The ole Boy Scott Moto Learn to do by doing ,

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:410999
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.