Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK ‘Knock it off!’ Devil screams at priest who uses bells for exorcisms | Barry Duke

You learn something new every day -- who knew?
From the link:

*“Why bells?”Armstrong asked:

The exorcist replied:

Satan is always attacking us through our senses. So the liturgy itself needs to be a holy assault on our senses: our sight, our touch, our smells and hearing. We have prayed as a Church with all these sensual things, because she learned through millennia that this is what repels the enemy.*

RichCC 8 Oct 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i have been blessed more times than i can remember. i have blessed myself more times than i would be able to count. i am still blessed unsolicited every now and then at the end of a personal encounter. damn things never take. if they don't take to nobody, then what the hell are they going to do to the devil? my small mind cannot comprehend the mysteries of exorcism as reported from an expert, a practitioner. i suggest that he doesn't give his real name for fear of, at a minimum, constant ridicule. maybe not. maybe it's an insular life. and who brings a bell to a fight with the devil? dumbasses. develop some technology that gives you a fighting chance. 2000 years and they're best defense is bells. sign me up.

Just occurred to me that the theme music for the movie “Exorcist” was “Tubular Bells ...”

I think that's the only famous piece Mike Oldfield ever did. He played it at the UK Olympic games many years later. And bells weren't that big a part of the music on the CD. Ha, ha.😎

I can see why it worked out the way it did. I didn't all that much care for any of his other works. Ha, ha again.
Maybe he should have worked harder to ward off the demons.😊

that is a really cool thing the composer did if he meant it. i heard a snippet of it today and read above and would not have ever made that connection. thanks.

Most people experiencing psychotic episodes don't like loud noises, ergo (Latin) WTF do you think they attack the bells.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:411381
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.