Agnostic.com

54 12

Did you ever find your calling? Or, are you still looking?

Have you been satisfied with a field of work? Or, are you still looking for the "right thing?"

Ever career change?

I've had two major career paths. A business major who was in Project Coordination & Social Work, then Finance... went to teaching. And, none was my "calling." Perhaps there is no such thing, but I haven't ever had a very fulfilling career that felt like a good fit. You?

silvereyes 8 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

54 comments (51 - 54)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I want to be an actor but my calling might be writing or radiology or being an opinionated disabled bed bug who knows

i think i'd choose writing - or waiting, for another call 😉

@walklightly I started life out as a master groomer. I truly felt it was my calling. I loved what I did, and all the animals I could love on. It was great. Then my accident took away my grooming so I found a new career as a dispatcher. It's great, I love it, but it is just a stepping stone. To what? No clue. If my body stops destructing I may find a new calling. If not? Well who knows.

I'm just letting the current pull me, who knows where it leads. Now it's telling me to sing pocahontas' "around the river bend" lol

Never had a "calling", or what could be classified as a "career".
I think few people actually experience what could be called a calling.
I think most of us just work to pay the bills keep a roof over our heads, and try
to make enough take a halfway decent vacation every few years.
Work is just work. Hopefully, whatever work you're doing actually helps people
in some fashion.

Never did what I wanted to do, changed careers/industries many times, too old now so am retiring yet again, hopefully for the last time in 5 months.

Haven't found it yet. I rolled all over the job market, from sales to medical and nothing yet has fit.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41158
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.