Agnostic.com

6 8

Safely dry shoes, boots, slippers, gloves and mittens.

Nothing like waking up to warm and dry slippers! Your footwear gets wet inside from sweat.

For 30 years, I have loved my Peet shoe/boot dryer. It lengthens the life of shoes and boots, drying with gentle heat. It works with hiking boots, snow boots, running shoes, shoes, ski boots, moccasins, slippers and more.

Last year, I ordered the attachment for gloves and mittens. One size. With small hands, stretchy gloves work best.

For Christmas, I gave one each to my daughter and her husband. Matt is delighted to have warm and dry work boots each morning. Claire loves drying her moccasins at night.

Peet makes the best quality shoe/boot dryers.

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Looks like they were great, but putting them in the oven on broil makes life more interesting. 😉😆

What was that story Jack Davenport told on the British comedy Coupling?

As Steve -- "I didn't even know I had an oven. There was a square thing in the kitchen that I used to keep books in -- 'til there was a slight fire incident."

@RichCC has it's drawbacks doesn't it.

Have a built in storage for workwear, boots and coats just inside the entrance ... has a small radiator set low to dry everything ..... need it a lot over here ... often wet from working in the kennels, or walks.
Its great to be able to walk in, strip off all wet clothing for drying or washing and then next room is the shower ..with a seat ... where you can sit and get warmed through

Would have loved to have had in the service.

Didn't know such a thing existed.........

@Mitch07102

You can buy a Peet shoe dryer at a sportsman's store or Amazon. Be sure to get one with a electric cord plug-in.

[amazon.com]

I have the same pair of Lowa Alpspitz that I bought 50 years ago. Four re-soles. Take care of your boots and they will take care of you.

@moosepucky

My beloved, expensive Lowa hiking boots last about 800 miles; three or four years. The traction wears down on rocky trails. Then I start sliding and slipping on steep trails.

"Because the soles are glued, we cannot replace them," the boot repairman said. "We can only replace stitched soles."

Here are my Lowa boots with micro-spikes attached. I made Velcro straps to prevent losing them in the snow.

@LiterateHiker I was just looking on their website.

Looks like they no longer make a full heel/sole boot.

What a shame. They must have gotten tired of people like me who buy one pair of boots and use them a lifetime.

Not my boots but the only pic I could locate that were full sole and hinged heel

What a neat idea ,love it,,warm and dry is essential

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:412096
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.