Agnostic.com

6 2

What would you prefer? 'Extremely Groveling' levels at Agnostic dot com or...?

What would you prefer? Extremely Groveling levels at Agnostic dot com or 'Joyfully Tough' levels?

This came out of the feedback i was going to post about this site, but as i was doing it, it turned into a poll..., well here we have it.

I was amazed to find that i have been here thirteen days, to me it didn't seem that long, and you know what that means-- is that i enjoyed being here. Thank you, all who have created it.

The levels/points system seemed weird in the beginning, but now i can tell you that i would not have been as 'social' as i am if it wasn't for the levels/points thing going on.

But now at level 5, it seems i'll run upto Level 7 and then forever languish in there, waiting to get to Level 8. i call this 'extremely groveling' kind of levels. Instead, i propose a more fair and enjoyable system.

In the poll, you pick what you want:

'Extremely Groveling' Levels
Level 6 4,000 Points
Level 7 10,000 Points
Level 8 50,000 Points
Level 9 200,000 Points
Level 10 1,000,000 Points

'Joyfully Tough' Levels
Level 6 4,000 Points
Level 7 8,000 Points
Level 8 16,000 Points
Level 9 32,000 Points
Level 10 64,000 Points

We don't want to become sensies or masters of 'dating or discussion', let's keep having fun with it. After Level 10, its 'Superior' or something else, members.

What do you say?

• 7 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 12 votes
  • 0 votes
Maya405 7 Nov 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

not sure if points system is any good is a level seven more enlightened than a level one who just listens lots but talks less.

I voted Joyfully tough, one million seems a little out of reach. I think the Admins. could find a happy medium in there somewhere.
Btw I'm only 20 points shy of the 7th level of hell. 😉

You made it!

As it is, you'll probably be there forever, @Paul628.

just keep talking and maybe we'll all learn a thing or two

The system can be a double-edged sword, on the one hand, it gets us communicating, but on the other hand it can devalue communication. I found it good up to level 5, but after that I'm not interested in the points anymore, my ethos is to listen often and speak little. I don't think there is enough time in the universe to reach level 10 with meaningful conversation. Still, it works reasonably well, I can't think of a better solution and they are doing a great job with the site. 🙂

Why the need for levels to begin with? The current system leads highly competitive people to try to make more comments and posts just to be competitive rather than communicating because of a genuine desire to communicate.

I would rather there not be any points. At least not published. If it were a totally internal system that the admins use to track usage or whatever, it wouldn't show to anyone, not even one's own points.

I think, points are fun, @bingst.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4122
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.