Agnostic.com

23 9

What Do You Like?

I like mutual respect, and a healthy degree of autonomy.
I like whatever the opposite of co-dependency is, but that is not an emotionless state.
It’s heartfelt affection that belongs in that space.

I like complexity. Layers. But not wild goose chases. I like a spirit of boss-less cooperation.
I like (the idea of) proactively building emotional, intellectual, and practical, functionality into a relationship. That is to say, a mutual, ongoing investment in a shared project. A spirit of unity.

I like working and playing together often but not always. I like having time to think and tinker. I like a balance that leans more toward being at home than being on the road, but many daytrips and the occasional journey are necessities.

I like shared outdoorsiness. I like not having to sail and camp alone. I like being around active, contented people.

I like to know and be known.
What do you like?

skado 9 Oct 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like;

• People who actually go fast in the left lane!
  • The look on solicitors faces when I slam the door
  • Puppies
  • Truth
  • The first fire on a crisp autumn day!
  • Hiking by the river
  • Splitting wood, as every log has a name (Great stress relief!)
  • When a plan comes together
  • Coffee in the morning
  • Waking up with someone I love. (It's been awhile!)
  • A great massage
  • Seeing Donald Trump in an orange jump suit

@Donotbelieve I can ALWAYS use the help. I'll go through at least 6 cords this year! πŸ˜‰

Hmmm... Unless you are using "stacking wood" as a metaphor! In which case I am even more interested!

@Donotbelieve Hey, I have some wood that needs stacking.

It also needs to be cut and split.

Power tools! Lots of em!

YES!!!!

I think you and I were meant to be together πŸ˜‰

I like laughter. I like differences without drama. I like respectful dialog. I like affection without neediness. I like being tolerant of his quirks because I know he will be tolerant of mine. I like shared adventures, even lame ones. I like feeling protective of someone while also feeling protected. I like to be challenged and encouraged. I like being so comfortable that I feel safe. I like being with people I can admire.

Deb57 Level 8 Oct 12, 2019

I like how old age brings a lot of those things to your doorstep if you're willing to learn, grow, and evolve. I also really like chumming around with other old farts who learned the same things...

As I wrote in my profile:

I find the wonder and joy in life. The infinite pleasure in the touch of a hand, the joy of tasting a juicy, ripe peach. Intense, playful, passionate and determined, I have fun every day.

I love hiking to alpine lakes surrounded by white glaciers and jagged mountain peaks. After dark, I look up and feel awed by the glowing Milky Way and billions of sparkling stars. We all need more low-level ecstasy in our lives.

Finishing something. . πŸ™‚

Or, fishing for something?

@PondartIncbendog Nope definitely finishing.

I like it best when the friggin" world leaves me alone so I can think & write. I've had a career of helping solve other people's problems, in in my codependency, I often get pulled into OPPs (Other People's Problems) in my personal life.

Because of all this activity, I have missed the heights of philosophy I really want to scale. Real thinking takes stimulation, but it also takes intense concentration & quiet.I've learned a bit too much for my taste about humanity, both its good & ill. I now want to distill the knowledge, clarifying it for myself & maybe a few others

good craft beer, good whiskey, good pizza & the occasional good golf shot of which i had a few today.. i could think of other likes but those are the main ones.
i suppose good weather has to be in there which is why we're heading south in 2 weeks.

You covered very well what a great relationship would be for me, but I would add mutual trust, similar sense of humor, and maybe dancing in the moonlight. πŸ™‚

Worthy adds indeed.

a good campfire and a good stick to poke it with.
cool sheets in the summer.
a happy dog that makes me laugh.
Solitude shared.
mom's pecan pie.
comfortable shoes.
a good story.
Pizza, with lots of toppings and a crispy crust.
the first gulp of coffee in the morning.
new tires.
finding a nice old hat at the thrift store.

Harry Potter. And cats.

To love and to be loved

I like looking back at my wonderful career of midwifery, remembering the Mommas and the honor of my hands being the first to touch a wet, slick, squirming, fresh newborn baby, over 1,000 times. I like being retired, riding my horse, going places with my dogs, and playing with my cat. I like being free from religion, and reveling in the beauty of the great mother earth. I like being able to forget that I had breast cancer around 32 years ago. I like living on the farm, seeing my horses and donkeys in the pasture, the goats, chickens, geese and ducks on the hill, and sitting on my deck at night, and seeing the Moon, Milky Way and meteor showers. I like feeling strong, independent, happy and content. I like learning, reading, writing, thinking and listening. I like knowing that I have had 73 years of joy, sadness, pain, battles, wins, losses, and have learned the lessons that they taught me. I like knowing that if I die tomorrow, I have lived my authentic, honest, wonderful life, and have no regrets.

lox. i like lox.

oh in a relationship? a relationship isn't a thing. it's a relationship. it's different with every person. in the relationship i am in now, which is permanent until one of us dies, what i like is for my guy suddenly not to have alzheimer's anymore.

g

Yes, alzheimers is a relationship disaster. My mother had it. Very hard. Peace.

@GreatNani peace. love won't conquer all but it will take us far.

g

@genessa yes it will. The only person my mom recognized in the end was my dad. 50 years of marriage and he was still someone she knew. It was actually lovely to see.

Sorry about your situation. Alzheimers, when it is advanced, is like being together alone. The body is there, but the self is gone

@Remiforce he's nowhere near that yet but it's still rough. i am trying to appreciate him while i have him, nonetheless.

g

Tranquility. There isn't enough room to list all my likes.

Trod Level 5 Oct 12, 2019

Donuts!

I like coffee, good friends, good family, good conversation, and animals.

Hendrix, Stones, Beer

I am not happy or unhappy!

At times which have become shorter and shorter over time via my aging!

I feel some what unhappy, others overly happy!

Not a mental condition, but a state of mind which does not rule my life, anymore as it once did!!!

I like being happy day in day out with the simple things life have to offer.

I like your beautiful photograph.

Thanks. All credit goes to the beautiful Monte Sano State Park.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:413363
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.