Agnostic.com

6 3

QUESTION Climate Change Believers Leaving the Trump White House | Time

Trump’s pick for his replacement, CIA Director Mike Pompeo, has questioned the science and may be more inclined to shift the department’s direction. “There’s some who think we’re warming, there’s some who think we’re cooling,” he said in 2013 on a C-SPAN appearance.

“He was a reality-based Cabinet member,” says Meyer. “He understood that climate is a serious issue, believed the science and understood that climate had geopolitical and security implications.”

Pompeo could make an active effort to disrupt progress at ongoing international climate change discussions or remove the U.S. from the process entirely.

Larry Kudlow, Cohn’s replacement, opposed the Paris Agreement and is also on the record questioning the science of climate change. “Then there’s a bunch of scientists who don’t think we have a global-warming problem at all,” he wrote in 2008. “And many who do acknowledge the threat link it to solar warming, or increased solar activity, rather than carbon.”

zblaze 7 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

These guys generally wanna say, “The jury’s still out”... Doesn’t extended jury time ALWAYS bode well for the GUILTY, hoping for a “not guilty” verdict!?!

Ungod Level 6 Mar 28, 2018

The recent decrease i solar activity will likely lead to cooling. There are no SUV's on the Sun...

I just returned from China last week. If what I breathed there hasn't changed the climate and destroyed the planet, nothing else will, save more Fukishimas. They are confusing negative, localized effects of polluting air and water with HUGE influences beyond our control or making that account for millions of years of actual climate change; much of which is attributable to solar activity.

A great source of information on both climatic changes and real, palpable effect on our kind is a sizable work by James DeMeo, Phd. titled: 'Saharasia: The 4000 BCE Origins of Child Abuse, Sex-Repression, Warfare and Social Violence, In the Deserts of the Old World' It is available directly from Orgone Biophysical Research Laboratory in Ashland Oregon. They have, of course, a website.

Hasn't climate been changing for ions? What about the ice age, or when the dinosaurs died off? Species come and go and our planet is constantly changing and it will be here long after we're gone.

There has never been climate change like HUMAN climate change. That’s just an undeniable fact! The only issue is how much and how devastating...

Every animal impacts the eco-system, some even causing the eradication of other species. Some enabling the existence and sustenance of others.

But no animal has the capacity to impact the ENTIRE earth’s ecosystem other than man!

Exactly! There is no debate. Climate change is realm

45 has left the hunters kill the hibernating bears with their cubs. Just stick their rifle in and get them. 45 lifted the ban on shooting wolves. Now there are a lot less of them. 45 and his sons like to trophy hunt, so 45 lifted the ban on flying the mountable parts home by plane for elephants and lions. This madman has no decency or humanity. That is why I call him 45. What is unfair is these are arranged kills, so the animal is penned in an area where it can't get away. Real sportsman! Never a man of mine. Then he opens the national parks and Alaska to new mining drilling and destroy Climate Change more. I am an engineer. I am from PA. I have been to the local mining states. There is no coal. 45 lied to those men. I felt so sorry, for I knew the mines were gone in these areas. There were some out west I had been to, but none in the tri-state area. Soon 45 will destroy the world either through war or the killing of our planet. Some of the mining techniques they use today will destroy the upper water supply. Poison it. No cure for the deadly poison. Somehow, we have to get this man out of the White House before he destroys the planet and all of us on it.

I do believe we are good and truly fucked

@diabhal Why don't you say what you think? better to express yourself than explode from holding it in.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41435
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.