Agnostic.com

4 3

QUESTION Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's key comments on the data scandal

I'm seriously thinking about deleting my Facebook account because of the data breach. It's total bullshit that Mark Zuckerberg said he didn't know.

"We have a responsibility to protect your data, and if we can't then we don't deserve to serve you," Zuckerberg said in a statement on his Facebook page.

Over 50 million Facebook profiles were harvested by an app for data, which was then passed the information on to Cambridge Analytica.

ballou 8 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I decided long ago that I've met used car salesman in the shoddiest car yards that are more genuine and more convincing than Mr Zuckerberg. You only have to research about how he started that FB to see that this is a person who is ethically challenged, to put it politely. After this story, I cannot imagine why anyone would keep a FB account. I understand that rival sites to FB are developing, and if they can operate on a more ethical basis than FB then more power to them. Personally I have no interest but I know others do. Surely such sites can be managed transparently and ethically.

How could he not know? Such b.s.

Just FYI, when people login to this site with Facebook, we only get basic info (e.g., email address) and never share this with anyone. We also don't have advertising.

Admin Level 8 Mar 22, 2018

Thanks for the information @Admin.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41451
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.