Agnostic.com

15 8

95% of baby foods tested contain toxic metals, new report says

Only nine of the 168 baby foods tested weren't found to contain arsenic, lead, cadmium or mercury.

When my daughter was a baby, I used a dishwasher-safe, baby food grinder to make baby food. Just cooked vegetables, meat and fruits softer. She basically ate what we did, minus hot spices and desserts. Claire never did like rice cereal.

Also most baby foods contain chemicals, salt, and high fructose corn syrup.

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes that may be true. But even if you grow your own food organically in your own garden, it will still contain a measurable amount of toxic heavy metals. They are everywhere, including in the natural rocks which weathered down to make soil in the first place. In wind carried dust which has been blowing across the planet for millions of years. And now there is, since the atom bomb tests, man made radio active waste everywhere.

In 1918 at the end of the first world war the Germans sank their own navy. The steal from those ships is now being salvaged and sold at a high price. Because it contains no radio active contamination from man made sources, it is therefore very useful in Gieger counters, and medical scanners, since it is almost impossible to make modern steal without that contamination.

Sickening that a whole industry is based on feeding poisons to children.
Only two generations ago everyone made their own baby food as you did ...I had that type of food as a baby, but simply cut up and mashed with a fork ... very easy to do, convenient and much less expensive.

Okay but are those amounts in safe amounts? Because you would be surprised how much metals are in things like fish (mercury) and other foods you'd consider natural/organic. This reminds me of the fear people have regarding the toxins in vaccines, not knowing that the tiny amounts are safe for human ingestion/injection. It is not enough to just say aaah metals! You need to know the amount/quantity... don't believe me, ask your MD friend 😉

Here is an informational article about mercury for example: [healthline.com]

Meanwhile, only 12 % of all metals contain toxic baby. But seriously, if you're on this board, I'd hope that you already know that just about all industrialized food is "toxic".

@Corymoto

What is "toxic baby"? I agree that processed food is toxic.

@LiterateHiker sounds like humor to me.

I forgot that humor has been outlawed.

This sounds like some serious conspiracy theory fuel.

The full report can be found here.
[healthybabyfood.org]

From the report:

For parents, the answer is not switching to homemade
purees instead of store-bought baby foods. Federal data
shows that baby food sometimes has higher levels and
sometimes lower levels of heavy metals, compared to
comparable fresh or processed foods purchased outside
the baby food aisle. For example, peaches and green
beans from the baby food aisle are less likely to contain
detectable levels of lead than canned versions of these
foods, while carrot and sweet potato baby foods have
higher lead detection rates than their peeled, fresh
counterparts (EDF 2019b).

I'll never understand why the food manufacturers won't just stop using toxic babies?
Problem solved.

@KKGator

What do you mean by "toxic babies"? Food manufacturers do not murder and cook human babies.

@LiterateHiker Nuh-uh, do too!

When my son was young, I did the whole fresh food, grind it up, freeze the extra thing. He ate a lot of stuff straight out of the garden, Until we moved to the city when he was 3, he had had very little processed food at all.

Ive always wondered how the human race survived

Lol. U know all thats prolly in ur tap water too? I saw report for where i live this year. It had chlorine, ammonia, lead, and something radioactive in it. Most has pesticides in it too

Just sent Claire, 29, this article along with what I wrote about making her baby food. She replied:

YAY!!!

So happy to know I didn’t eat like this!!!

I FULLY believe that’s one of the reasons I’m so healthy.

Thanks Mom ❤️

Claire

Not only baby food either.

Good for you! If I ever have a baby, I'll remember your good example! Thanks for the warning. 🙂

I remember mother taking fresh vegetables out of the garden,,peas carrots etc to cook and mush to make baby food ,back then boughten baby food was a rarety and luxoury for most parents ,It is the soil that the vegetables grow in is usually source I think for the nastys

Interesting

Nasty

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 17, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:415302
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.