Agnostic.com

48 9

What's the largest obstacle that holds you back from being the person you want to be?

Mea 7 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

48 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Since I would like to be a full-time world traveler, I would say the biggest obstacle is money. 🙂

Not knowing the person I want to be. I have no idea.

The idea that I'm not worthwhile and will never be enough for anyone, so everyone will always leave. It holds me back from even trying to make friends, date, anything really.

You are worthwhile, just be enough for you right now. The rest will come later.

Money. I don't need a lot, just more than what I have. Scaping by here.

I don't think there is any obstacle other than what is between my ears. Mindset plays a large role in this and there are ways to modify mindset.

yes anxiety for me

An overactive brain and anxiety. If I had the recources or ability to hone or control it, I'd probably be crushing life right now.

@silvereyes I’m trying 🙂. My solace is that I’ve already improved so much.

Hmmmm, probably about 5 million dollars. Just kidding. I am exactly who I want to be, and having a limited imagination, I cannot imagine being anyone else. So, there you go...

The person that people think I am, and the fear of shattering that illusion.

I want to he Batman...so The batmobile, batcave, batcopter. Utility belt and of course Robin......lol
Then I will be needing some arch enemies!!!

Myself. As an example I want to write a book but as much studying with how-to books and voracious reading I realized I was putting off the writing. The idea stays in my head. But in the past week I’ve realized if I do finish a piece it would expose who I am and that scares the shit out of me. I could make a fool out of myself. I’m always questioning myself.

A few million dollars. I'm pretty much who I want to be, I just can't do all the things I want to do.

My mental health problems, lack of money, lack of transportation, and unstable living arrangements.

at 45, I can say I am the person I want to be at this point in my life. Now, doing the things I want to do is another story.

Money is certainly a factor, but I know exactly what holds me back, like so many others have said here - it's myself, and if I could tackle certain aspects of my personality, the lack of money wouldn't be as much of an issue. I have a fear of success and the responsibilities that come with it, I'm a procrastinator, I'm lazy (I'd rather spend my time binging on netflix or other guilty pleasures than be productive most of the time), and right now, my physical health is an issue. So...fix me, and I'm golden.

Interesting. Let's get together

Men. I have a bad habit of putting their needs above mine, but getting divorced and working on myself (with the help of my amazing therapist) has helped me remember who I am, and I wouldn't change a thing. I'm pretty thrilled that I can see and acknowledge red flags these days, and I can honestly say that I have the self-confidence to walk away when it's warranted.

Also, time. I have a love-hate relationship with my schedule, and while it keeps me financially stable, it's hard to reconcile that with my need for down time, social time, volunteer time, etc.

My son not being able to be here anymore, and my having to be.

Not being mature enough to overcome my bad habits.

Money, steady income.

Money is the Largest Obstacle Beacuse I feel guilty not being able to help people in my life that need me and need my help

Money. I need 15,946.327.58 Approx.

what if you had 15,946,327?

@btroje It would be okay. I'd borrow the rest.

I lack more money than I need, I can't help others as I want to. I know you can't solve a problem by throwing money at it, I would like to improve the living conditions of people who need help through no fault of their own.

Tough question. I don't have an answer as I can not imagine being someone else. I am generally comfortable with who I am and realize the smallest tweaking of a personality/intelligence/etc. trait would likely produce a cascade of other characteristic changes with unforeseen consequences.

I'm really good with who I am.
Although, lack of money is the obstacle that holds me back from doing what I would rather be doing.

Myself. I have OCD and it does interfere with every day life. Having said that, I am learning to manage it and, with some luck and determination, I should be able to overcome it and move forward in life. It isn't debilitating, but it does slow things down considerably.

Hahahahaha!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41580
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.