Agnostic.com

8 19

Taste of Fall- Roasted Acorn Squash

Today I roasted Acorn Squash. It's easy.

1. Move oven rack to 2nd from the top position (just above the center). Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Wash and dry Acorn Squash. Carefully chop squash evenly into 1-1/2 inch pieces.

3. Line a baking pan with foil or parchment paper. Place squash pieces in pan, in a single layer with space between the pieces.

4. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Using your hands, coat each piece with olive oil.

5. Sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper and nutmeg. I used freshly grated nutmeg.

6. Roast, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until soft when pierced with a fork.

#oil
LiterateHiker 9 Oct 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@Literatehiker Hi Just tried your recipe here and it was yummy ,Thanks for sharing ,Very easy to make, I did one half my way as below and did the other half tonight with your recipe you supplied

@RoyMillar

Wonderful! Glad you enjoyed it.

Anybody have the microwave version?

@Mofo1953

You can't roast in microwaves. You don't get the delicious crispy, browned or caramelized edges from heat.

Consider the difference between roasting a baking potato in an oven and one in a microwave.

Oven-cooked baking potatoes are lovely and fluffy. Microwave-cooked baking potatoes are not.

@LiterateHiker i know but i don't own an oven, i do own a microwave.

Looks delish!

I love just cutting them in half,scooping seeds out of the centre,carryfully cut slits all thru them,careful you do not puncture the outer skin ,then add dark amber maple syrup in the centre and either back in the oven or for a quick bake ,5 min in microwave yummy

I do the same only add a pat of butter also. Save the seeds to plant next year. Super easy to grow organic. Careful not to water too much once they ripen.

I love cutting them in half as well. I save what seeds I need for next year..and I leave the rest of the seeds on the squash and make sure they get browned..about 1.5 hours in the oven..and the roasted seeds are similiar to roasted pumpkin seeds ....

One of my favorite foods. Looks (and I'm sure would taste) wonderful.

Stores well also. Keep them in a cool and dark location and they'll keep for a couple of months.

I do this with sesame oil and sesame seeds (no nutmeg) ... proper tasty

I'll have to try that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:415955
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.