Agnostic.com

15 2

Lets see who the nerds are.
Many people ate pie (all kinds) on March the fourtheenth in 2014. They still do maybe in lesser numbers on March the fourteenth. Can you think of any reason why they might do this.

lbusche 7 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is the only day we can legitimately celebrate something irrational.

I have the good fortune of working with a team of engineers and researchers in Silicon Valley ... we never fail to eat pie on the 14th of March, and hold a contest for best home baked recipe. This year it was a lovely Key lime that stole the show. Alas, I'm a poor baker!

Jagga Level 4 Mar 23, 2018

Does Pizza count? What if we work out the calories for different sized slices based on the area of the slice?

That might be a sine

@Fulishsage cos y?

@Rugglesby these puns are deriveing me nuts

They're older now, with more blood sugar problems.
I don't eat pie at all now.

Because pie is tasty?

Oh delicious Pi

Pi Day is an annual celebration of the mathematical constant π 🍕. Pi Day is observed on March 14 (3/14 in the month/day format) since 3, 1, and 4 are the first three significant digits of π.[2][3] In 2009, the United States House of Representatives supported the designation of Pi Day.[4]

I eat pie every week because l like pie. I don't need special occasions to eat pie, or donuts, or cake, or ice cream. It is amazing I'm not diabetic or overweight!

But... Do you eat Pi?

@Sadoi I buy it. I don't eat it.

π day has become a mainstream thing now, and yes, we make a pie each year for it. But for true nerd cred we make 2 pies on June 28 for τ day

Source:
miffy Level 5 Mar 23, 2018

Made a coconut cream for pi day.

I just didn't have time to make a gluten free, Ketogenic pie. I'm thinking an almond flour crust pumpkin pie might work at some point...

Pi.

Sadoi Level 7 Mar 23, 2018

Additionally, 3/21 was Down Syndrome Day (3 copies of chromosome 21). Monday 3/26 is Epilepsy Awareness Day, the color is purple. And 4/1 is Autism Awareness Day (blue) or Autism Acceptance Day (gold/yellow, because Au is the chemical symbol for gold). I'm already prepared, although I'm wearing my gold on 4/2 since I'll be home on Easter, relaxing.

We are a nerdy bunch at work - 5 kinds of pie were brought for us to geek out on! 😀

Let's bump it up a notch, why do groups eat guacamole on October 23 between the hours of 6:02 am and 6:02 pm?

At the price of avocados, even Avogadro would excuse me for not partaking, can I just drink 18 grams of water instead?

mole day Avogadro’s (sounds like avocado) number — 6.02 x 10^23, molecules in 12 grams of carbon-12

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41658
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.