Agnostic.com

14 3

Most people have a best friend, that person that knows them better than anyone else. How long have you known your best friend? And what is your favorite memory about them?

AuntieMame 6 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Any "best friends" I had were childhood Haiti missionary kid friends I dumped when they started posting hate memes on Facebook.
I suppose I could call my "exes" best friends, since we continued being friends many years after breaking up, except that they also were discarded when they endorsed Trump.

I have two best friends and have known them for almost 30 years. Working together in a hursing home is a very bonding experience. Some of our best times have been celebrating birthdays together (29 years now), Solstice celebrations, and hikes to water falls.

I've had 2 best friends in my lifetime. We are all still friends but not "best friends." One of these men drifted from the "best" ideas when he wanted to become a music star. He had a limited success but his friendship drift was so he could be a friend to everybody. Not just a few or just one. He played backup in 2 C&W bands.
My second best friend has remained "religious" his entire life. He doesn't understand my atheism and falling away. Often he puts a little bit of "god" into our conversations. On world events and politics he wants to look at everything through the eyes of the book of Revelation. This gets involved sort of like The Easter Bunny planning something with Casper the Friendly Ghost. If you throw in bigfoot, UFO's, etc. and what Revelation said about them you get the whole story here.
Often I feel like "stop the world and let me get off."

There’s just people. Every “best” friend I’ve had is no longer in my life. Maybe I’m just an ass, maybe everyone else is. There always seems to be manipulation or using involved. I’m good with surface level and acquaintances, they seem to provide enough distance.

I've known my best friend for 30 years. She's one of the best people I've ever known, and frankly, knowing her has made me a better person. We've been through everything together, from birth to death.

Most people.

Do family count..? Had a 2 hour talk with my (favorite) sister yesterday… I’d place her right there with ‘a best friend.’ And I’ve known her a year less than I’ve known myself 🙂

Otherwise, mine feel like a spectrum of friends, all having had their day. Just had an excellent email conversation with a former neighbor and friend of ..30+ years. Even facebook friends who’re actually ‘friends.’ I suppose no one gets top billing, but they all count ~

Varn Level 8 Mar 23, 2018

My bestie and I have been together for 10 years.
Best memory when I got out of the ICU, she said I want wine, first thing I said was me too. Then she knew I was going to recover just fine.
🙂

I have 3 best friends (alive). Bill from highschool, Robin from college, Jim since my early 30's. I have been seperated from them by time and great distances. No favorite memories. Everytime I was with them is a favorite memory. We are still in touch.

These days I don't have a "best friend" I'm so close to they know me better than anyone else, but I do have a best friend I've known for over 40 years. He's a believer. Our lives have diverged wildly with him remaining steadfast in his faith and me going in completely the opposite direction. He's a smart man so I don't understand why he won't look at this rationally or logically, but despite our differences now, we have agreed to disagree on this and our friendship has endured the test of time and distance.

There's no one favorite memory I can call out, but we both have a deep love of Lake Tahoe and have had great times there.

I don't really have a best friend. I have a few friends that I'm kind of close with, but I don't have especially intimate friendships.

Tricky one. Best ever friend I did so much with, we bought and subdivided land, built houses, ran companies, she and her husband moved to the same area as my wife and I. They broke up and would meet at my place to do the child swap, years later my marriage broke up and after a few more years I took my new lady to meet her. That relationship died, my friend had been divorced many years, my marriage was 8 years behind me and we began seeing each other as more than friends though we worked and lived in different states. We split after 2 years, caught up again 8 years later, not seen her for 6 years now. Fave memory was probably sailing a maxi yacht through the Whitsundays to go snorkelling on the reef. We met in 1985.

Over 30 years. We were watching Texas chainsaw massacre there is a part that the guy with the metal plate in his head he says"lick my plate" We still use this phrase to keep that memory from our youth is kind of our code that life is pleasant.

Actually have a lot of ppl I consider a best friend. But my bestest friend of all is my mom. Known her 42 years.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41740
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.