Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK Sleep And Alzheimer's: Cerebrospinal Fluid Washes Away Toxins : Shots - Health News : NPR

I f'ing knew it! I posited 4 or 5 years ago that CSF should be analyzed in regards to dementia, part of which was based on a suspicion that CSF flushes out the brain. I was sure that anomalies could be found. That isn't mentioned in this article, but it follows that if the washing system is failing, further evidence of that could be ascertained from CSF analysis. Add to that the research released earlier this year which links the bacteria that causes gingivitis being in the brain and CSF to dementia.

bingst 8 Nov 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This research also supports another idea I had: treatment of dementia through the use of medically-induced coma (anesthesia).

"The electroencephalogram (EEG) patterns recorded during general anesthetic-induced coma are closely similar to those seen during slow-wave sleep, the deepest stage of natural sleep; both states show patterns dominated by large amplitude slow waves."
[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Then I shouldn't worry lol

Why not?

@bingst because I get plenty of sleep

Well that's important... I'll share it with 'Insomniacs'. Thanks

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:420950
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.