Agnostic.com

4 5

LINK Fox's 'Family Guy' Calls Religious Believers 'Stupid People,' 'Idiots'

I don’t normally read this website, but I found this article looking for reviews for last night’s Family Guy episode. Seth MacFarlane is a very outspoken atheist (dog bless ‘im) and he pretty much takes potshots at Judaism, Christianity, and Islam on a regular basis. Maybe too much, LOL

altschmerz 9 Nov 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just saw that episode tonight, and i loved it

I'm sure some religious group is going to sue them over that episode.

I found it hilarious. Poking fun at religion and religious people but also a little tongue in cheek criticism of the superiority of the a-religious with Meg saying "you're a monster"

Unable to access the site. Some of the worlds most creative and intelligent people down through history have been deeply religious. Even today about half of US scientists believe in some sort of God concept.

Such arrogant and domineering language accomplishes nothing. What is stupid is to resort to labeling and name-calling. Intelligent people present evidence and logic to support their positions, and they do it in a respectful way.

Do you understand the concept of a comedy show?

@altschmerz Well, if that’s the way it is, just poking fun at about everyone, I guess it’s not as bad as I thought. I don’t have television by choice so I get left out on many discussions.

I’m glad he’s poking fun at dogmatic Christians, but there are other God concepts than “invisible man in the sky”.

@GIjeff04 Is there anything funny about calling people stupid and idiotic? Would you like to be on the receiving end of that?

@WilliamFleming
"Would you like to be on the receiving end of that?"
Have been many times, but the difference is I can make a cogent argument for why that assessment is incorrect Christards can just gasp, clutch their pearls and tell me I am going to Hell.
Basically accusations of idiocy only offend idiots.

@LenHazell53 Good point. Words can only hurt you if you believe them. Still, I don’t see that kind of name-calling as funny—maybe it’s just me.

I completely agree with your viewpoint. I didn't even realize this show was still on the air.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:422286
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.