Agnostic.com

29 7

The subtext of texting....

The subtext of texting definitely exists. It seems that texting while convenient, has removed true intimacy and connection with other humans. What are you feelings?

JustJan 6 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It has, and it hasn't. If you text inplace of a more personal form of comminication then its effect is negative. But if you use it to augment your personal communication, then it is beneficial.

Texting sucks. I hate it. You can be scammed more easily in texting than in any real time phone convo. Here is why I hate texting:
Whatcha doin?
Nuten
Wanna get a pizza
IDK
Isn't Suzie cute
Yeah
Would she date me
IDK
Wanna hang
Maybe
Short messages are OK but texting bullshit just goes on and on and on. I have yet to figure out a purpose for it and think most people should buy a pet.

In general I agree with you that there is alot texts can leave out. However, we humans have spent many generations perfecting communication through the written word. I wonder if the telephone has dulled this talent? Texts are shorter, abbreviated in odd ways, and sometimes not very well spelled(guilty 🙂 ) but they are a very handy communication method.... we just need some patience and practice. Thoughts?

Totally agree!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42285
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.