Agnostic.com

13 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

God is dead

Don’t think it was alive in the first place, was it?

God was never alive except in the imagination of simple minded people

That's about 11% over 15 years, US Christains have dropped to non believers.

Other Surrey said, With double of US non-believers have increased in 10 years.

The wrath of God upon us or is God fading away.
God must be pissed with these numbers.

Yep, I reckon his wife will be telling him to get off the couch, stop watching the racing and get that garden sorted. Chop down that bloody apple tree for a start. Caused more trouble than it’s worth.

There is more information and it's more readily available. Obtaining access to other worldviews used to be something one had to actively seek out, unless it was stumbled upon somehow. The information age has changed all that.

Honest Abe said it best.

It is interesting to consider how important it is to know how the questions are asked when you look at polling statistics.

Great. Then let them fade on out quickly. The sooner the better. Mike Pence and friends may lose out in the end after all.

Every bit helps to get Trump out of there. You think the Pope saying he wasn't a Christian should have crushed him. Dumb de de dump, dumb dumb dump.

“The array of Gallup results leads to the conclusion that putting a percentage on Americans’ belief in God depends on how you define “belief,” the new survey report explained. “If the standard is absolute certainty — no hedging and no doubts — it’s somewhere around two-thirds. If the standard is a propensity to believe rather than not to believe, then the figure is somewhere north of three-quarters.”

Surprise, surprise, surprise (not). The Christian 'morality' has become evident to all but the most nimble of brain and it has been found devoid to substance. To be a devout christian these days is to be a hateful, narcissistic, selfish, arrogant, vicious, greedy hypocrite. Not a very desirable club.

I've thought about posting that Meme myself.

I think it's fairly accurate. Tv isn't really reality. They keep shoving it up front in media because they're worried that god is fading away. Around here where I live, the preachers are really worried about nobody in the pews like before. When I was a kid, they're about 2/3 more people in church than now. I love it because the information age are proving that they are full of it. I can only imagine what it will be in the next 20 years. Hopefully I will live long enough to watch most if not all the churches close their doors. What a glorious thought!! Then those lazy lying preachers will actually have to go out and get a real job.

You'd never know it by listening to the news. Every "good news" blip story makes damned sure the interviewee "thanks god" for whatever happened. And mainstream tv (prime time!) is bowel-blocked with stupid religious crap... God Friended Me and The Good Place come to mind. The media pushes the religious agenda almost as much as the GOP does.

I sincerely hope this article is correct, but it's not what I see day to day.

I still can't believe there are 3 "Gods not dead" titles.

What I can believe is the last one got 11% on rotten tomatoes.

Most christians lie about their church attendence and faith because they were brought up thinking that's what makes one a good person. They don't want to be considered anything else. It's all part of the mental illness associated with death cults.

@CharlatanUK Why would you subject yourself to that kind of torture?!?

@Happy_Killbot lol, I don't, but even with a dvr I can't escape the commercials for them!

We don't have any evidence for God, much less a way to say which one...

However, science reveals the certainty of our extinction, and utter meaninglessness of our existence. Whatever lies we tell each other to try to feel better are easily seen as dishonest.

God is a human construct, but we don't do any better in coming up with a purpose of life or a reason anything matters. We can have no real goals or aspirations. Death makes everything absurd.

The Truth is that, even if God did exist, God's existence cannot claim to give us purpose, or anything else. The dispelling of delusion still feels like eating sand.

can't happen fast enough

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:427723
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.