Agnostic.com

44 6

What gives your life meaning? What keeps you going?

Mea 7 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

44 comments (26 - 44)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Family, the ability to observe what's happening in the world and having an intelligent opinion and my journal that I look forward to making an entry into while having coffee each morning. I promote waking with a smile to start the day off right. Try it!

I go for a run most mornings at 6 am, does that count? Lol.

@Mea I wish I could run. Yes, that counts as long as it makes you live for another day and brings a smile to your life.

Me. I am the meaning and my partner who needs his dinner cooked as he has severe OCD. So Keeping busy and creative mainly and appreciating and enjoying most of the moments.

My kids and girlfriend

I'm living day by day. Motivation and my medication keeps me going.

Books, conversations, learning, education, debating and personal development.

Knowing that I can spend my time alivea king everyone else's time here more enjoyable.

I want to know what happens next.
Where is humanity going? Are we evolving? Ascending? Racing towards extinction? Is there a diaspora in our future? Or do we make way for the next species to evolve intelligence here on Earth?

I would be a hell of a lot more interested in life if everything were upended and what was left had to start over. Call it an apocalypse or a meteor strike or nuke wars or plagues, whatever. To survive into those times and figure out how to keep going would be far more interesting the the current endpoint we live under, basically playing a game with a shit ton of boring rules and roles and categories. Sometimes life in this world feels very much like being a piece or mail in the process of being sorted and delivered.

Connections. Shallow, deep and everything in between. We may think we are but none of us are truly alone.

I often ask myself that same question. Unfortunately, I haven't come up with a good answer.

Music and my life-long search for the perfect donut.

Ridin down the country on my Triumph on a beautiful day here in Hawaii. What keeps me going?
Not really giving a rat's ass!!!!

Well for me it's all the food and cocktails I haven't yet tried. Those are the most important. Then it's money, friends and all the places I haven't been. Finally there is the one little tidbit with feeling. There wouldn't be anything to feel if I died. I would rather feel pain over nothing. So why quit?

Vodka.

Me! being kind ! Resposive to others for fun or learning - Coffee - Warm white chocolate and raspberry scones - walking by the sea - watching t.v with my partner in my jammies, gardening, Learning how to deal with crabbit people with fragile egos, cooking and having cuddles and good conversations I also do shedloads of craftwork much of which just hangs around but if anyone loves it they can have it . I read a lot and somehow get involved in things that are happening around me - I am also a heavy sulker- sulking is good when you do it well!

There is no universal meaning to life, but its up to us to give life meaning.

On that note, responsibility gives meaning to my life

Alcohol and tacos

Helping others think clearer about their life, using the Models of Socrates and Viktor Frankl as inspiration

The other bastards that want to control me. James

Leon Level 5 Mar 25, 2018

Coffee& memes

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42855
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.