Agnostic.com

74 13

Why Do So Many Hate Religion? What's ToHate?

I don't hate religionI I just ignore it. It does not interfere with my day to day living. Do some find it necessary to actually hate religion in order to be Non Believers?

alon 6 Nov 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

74 comments (51 - 74)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't care about religion because they don't threaten me. If I had a family constantly attacking me for not sharing their beliefs and a community constantly shoving their stuff down my throat by making unjust & discriminatory laws against me then I'd hate the religion too.

I don't hate religion I just don't understand why religious people do not think for themselves and question the dogma they are taught.
I can ignore it and laugh at the crazy parts absolutely. I just get upset when religious people tell me how to think and feel, and give me advice, because frankly, it usually sucks.
Also not crazy about religious dogma/arguments, so boring.

Religion rapes children murders women and brainwashes people away from science solutions and world peace....hate is a mild reaction to great evil.....it is white PRIVILEGE in action to remain silent while religion has been genocidal officially since 1450 using slaves to murder native people and steal their land... religion is TERRORISM and Atheists must be of courage and skill to resist religious perpetrators politically adept to eliminate tax exemptions and direct government money to religion

Hate their hate of others not like them the bigotry misogyny racism killing in the name of religion letting people starve in custody ripping families apart felonies sense of entitlement and much more

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 24, 2019

I hate lies

twill Level 7 Nov 24, 2019

I despise religion because as a kid it was forced upon me. In short, religions often invade my privacy. Not to mention that the Christian religion attempts to be the state defacto religion.

But I often wonder if, in fact, organized religion DOES impact me every day. Less inclusion, more exclusion.

It seems to have dual sides, good and not good at all. It’s inherently divisive and separated people rather than bonding them. Helps people but extracts a hefty price. Thats as good as it gets. The downside is more hideous (pedophilia, intense greed, righteous wrong. )
As Grouch Marx allegedly one said, “I’d never join a club that would have me as a member.” Ahem.

Groucho picked up where Mark Twain left off Atheists on stage of witty wisdom

Most things don't affect our day to day life. There are millions of people walking around with cancer and heart disease and other health issues that don't really affect their day to day living. It still affects their lives just as the beliefs of others and their influence on society affects yours. The people with those illnesses can't just ignore it and you shouldn't either.

Be aware of the issues that might someday affect you. Be more observant of the pressures to limit your freedoms. You don't have to hate religion, but to ignore how it affects your life and the lives of others is simply obtuse.

You're preaching to me and I hate it. Don't tell me about Cancer. I am being treated for it.

@alon I'm sorry for your health struggles. You don't have to like my answer but it was you who posed the question. I find I sometimes don't like the answers to the hard questions I ask either.

I agree. I don’t hate religion either I just ignore it but there are an awful lot of people on this website who hate it. Hell most of the religious folks are better people than a lot of the left wing nuts on this website.

You really are freakin' hilarious.

Your TV must be stuck on Fox News

God created the Coronavirus as he did AIDS? Religion is a damn joke!

People hate religion because religion is not proof!

There is no proof in religion!

Man wrote the bible! CMON!

Not religion per say just the abusive churches etc

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 19, 2020

I don't hate it I find it ridiculous and do resent people trying to push their silly superstitions on me... I also despise the damage it does to both society and people....

I am an anti- theist. That is i do not hate theist but I do hate religion.

When anyone makes life choices based on mythology instead of reality it is dangerous for everyone.

Well usually its not religion in general, its usually aimed at specific ones usually and it generally has to do with the history or feeling attack of a personal beliefs. Some people have a hate for god, its generally the god that they were introduced to growing up or the idea of an opposing deity. I was sent to a southern baptist school when i was 5. I have spent a lot of years unraveling issues that the idea of a specific belief system helped fuel. It was really funny looking at the idea of belief systems being a major factor of issues and someone pointing out that the initials of belief system is BS

All you have to do is look around and see all the hate that is inspired by religion to detest it.

Quite agree. No impact upon my life. Although many people have had bad experiences.

Possibly similar to an abusive relationship but I don’t know because I’ve not been in one.

I make mine the words of Paul4747. I also believe that the belief or not in God is so personal that it shouldn't be made a religion and make it collective.

To Hate or be against someone or thing is being part of the problem. If I can't convince them through good sense, they already have a mind set that won't be charged.

There isn't anything wrong with hating things that harm people.
Nothing whatsoever.

There is nothing wrong with being not for an idea or group. There is seriously something wrong in hating them. When they have a constitutional right to do so. If that group or individual can be proven to do harm then you have a case. I personally think Religion dose more harm than good in the world, Hating has no integrity for me to be a good example of or bases of good sense for humanity.

In Canada
Section 319(2) makes it an offence to wilfully promote hatred against any identifiable group, by making statements (other than in private conversation). The Crown prosecutor can proceed either by indictment or by summary process. The maximum penalty is imprisonment of not more than two years.

@Castlepaloma So there is no such thing as an illegal or criminal organisation in Canada?

@Castlepaloma To each their own. I believe hate is a perfectly reasonable response to evil.

You do you.

There is alot of stupid laws out there, yet I agree on hate crimes. Hate can often enough leads to attempted murder.

Hate crime laws in the United States are state and federal laws intended to protect against hate crimes (also known as bias crimes) motivated by enmity or animus against a protected class of persons. Although state laws vary, current statutes permit federal prosecution of hate crimes committed on the basis of a person's protected characteristics of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability.

You can't stop their hate with your hate. Same for violence and killing. It's not each to his own, if you hate marijauna and I think it's the best known medicine for man and Cannabis the most productive plant on the planet. I don't hate you for hating me for cannabis. Do anything you want as long it does not harm anyone else. If you hate cannabis, tough titty.

Religion has killed so many innocent people!

The 2 living popes murder 6 million women per year denying them life saving abortions and or deadly disease preventing condoms ....I want both of these gangsters jailed forever as they continue to cover up evidence for their rapist priests

It is entirely possible to be a non-believer and to not hate religion. However, to do so, one must be obsessively naive and shut out every aspect of how religion perverts and corrupts human behavior. That's a tall order. Most non-believers have discarded blind faith because of their revulsion over religion's cruel values.

It is entirely understandable and even laudable to seek to not hate. But if hate sneaks in, don't demean yourself unduly. As always, it is your obligation to ennoble others and enrich their life experience, and hate does not lend itself to that task. Most non-believers are committed to education of themselves and their children or associates. In many respects, education is a partial antidote to religion.

Religion is the worst social disease. It inflicts pain and death as well as insanity. STDs have nothing on religion. Carriers can seem to lack symptoms, until you engage their critical thinking. Blind credulity is nothing less than a virus-borne lobotomy. Basic reasoning can be wiped out, and truth goes out the window. Religious study becomes a liar's club competition as to who can tell the biggest whopper. The conflict between Belief and Reality short circuits logic to the point of psychopathic behavior. That dysfunction manifests itself in a broad assortment of personality disorders that everyone has encountered.

No one has to hate that shit, but for a lot of us, it makes it easier to tolerate.

Religion is a money maker!

Evilvangelicals use their parishioners to make money!

Are people here posting they don't hate rapists hate child abusers nor hate genocidal monsters murdering Palestinians in shrinking apartheid ghettos ? Violent abusive faiths do NOT deserve a pass nor tax exemptions. Our Atheism is in part, compassion for religious victims and condemnation of the alleged gawds which believers cite as justification for their crimes.

Excuse me Why do religious evangelicals use tax payer money to buy jets?

How do people say Trump is ok killing Covid 19 victims?

Rapists and child abusers are only god haters?

@soobydoody607 which people ??? There is one creepy TrumpOLINIbot who I blocked who is worse than 45 wanting the economy back and let the virus kill those least immune

This is a false leading question that too many Atheists and believers conform to. Billions of believers hate each other over ASSUMED conflicting beliefs. Some religious books ORDER BELIEVERS to rape and kill people on account of religion sex and the fiction of race. Beware ignoring violent believers who will kill or rape you for being female or Atheist. Atheism = freedom FROM religion....the emotion of hate is very natural and normal towards rapists racists thieves frauds and .murderers ALL CRIMINALS FORGIVEN by religions and theocracies

Do you have birth certificate, social security number and photo identification? Do you pay the forced by law taxation for worship of the Masonic lodge secret religion racist devil worship government?

Yes, the biblical text requires identification for taxation and government control and requires worship of the First laws for world domination attempt that fell with Catholicism into denominations. "In God we trust"

Yes, I know, most people that do not have intellegence capabilities to understand metaphor and riddles do not understand the dictates of the biblical text written in metaphor and riddles for some things. This is done so smart people can enslave stupid people to capitalism slave labor. Slaves more so out of ignorance and slaves forced only because of the created necessity to do such as pay property tax just to have a place to live.

United States of America is a violation of the constitution that establishes the Masonic lodge secret religion racist devil worship government.

Word Level 8 Nov 24, 2019

That is a tough one, Christains have stacked the deck.

@Castlepaloma
Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon.
It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. Revelations 13:11-12

Interpretation: Christianity as compared to Judaism can be seen historically as that Christianity/Catholic dictates were of Men holding the biblical text, where as old testiment was "sky god" giving text for men to write.

What the first beast is Catholicism in an attempt of ruling and world domination that can be seen to have been wounded by the split of catholic into denominations with the protestant movement.

The second beast then being the rise of illuminati, illuminated lucifer "light" meaning words out of the dark ages for a new style of "conspiracy theory " world domination organization laws, a beast by metaphor.

The United States of America, laws and premise is Masonic lodge secret religion racist devil worship government requiring worship of the first beast intent on world domination and forcing such ad "In God we trust ".

It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, ... Revelations 13:16-17

Interpretation: laws of government requiring and enslaving people to capitalism slave labor identification for taxation and government control.

@Castlepaloma and to horns like a lamb ... spoke like a dragon. The apparence of lamb horns would be a defensive appearance not an aggressive appearance but speaking like a dragon would be like putting fear into people not paying taxes.

Funny I made a sandsculpture like a lion like dragons flying and wrapped around a castle with its tail as a lamb. In like a lion, out like a lamb, spring.

The beauty is having the liences to sculpt from my imagination. My feeling is the people, that I do have faith in, will gain from the bottom up movement. We will overcome this smokey delusional hierarchy authorities that has gone on, undetected for centuries. I see many grass root groups on the move, tearing on the greedy Corporation-ism. Much more optimistic than I was 5 or 10 tens years ago.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:430749
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.