Agnostic.com

42 4

Do you have a dating pattern?

Do you have a "type?" Have most of the people you've been with shared a common trait?

I dated a lot of "class clowns," most were creative types (minus my husband), and the majority were tall. Also, as I was a headstrong personality when I was younger, I tended towards more laid back people.

You?

silvereyes 8 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My dating history is too sparse to extrapolate patterns from.

Hahaha. This!

I haven't done a lot of conventional dating. I was in a 10 year relationship (5 of which were married), then I met my second wife in an AOL chatroom (before online dating was a "thing" ), and that turned into a 20 year relationship. So now I find myself in the dating pool for the first time in a very long time. I am attracted to intelligent women with sarcastic senses of humor. My first wife didn't match that type which has more to do with me than with her. In my 20s, I wasn't thinking. No, really, just not. LOL!

@Akfishlady Yep!

In the past I have been attracted to guys with big personalities, having long hair, tall and slim, blue eyes, and work in the trades-physical hard work.

Most recently intelligence, political activism,anti-trump, agnostic/atheist, sexually active, loving animals and music and travel are most important to me now.

Yes. It actually annoys me. I tend to be attracted to musicians or chefs, creative and traditionally non committal types, and then get irritated by their flaky dispositions or hesitancy to open up. I'm not monogamous, and don't have a ton of expectations, but I do need to truly connect or I am not just satisfied.

Well, you get good food and music! I write books, make apple trees, and have been involved in civic action.

@lucydaniels. its called a connection.

Women that think I'm not their type ....

What a coincidence that you should ask the above question, which, I once asked a friend. His reply: "If it has two arms two legs and a pulse that will do.".......

My dating patern is mostly not dating.

😟

Yes they went with me I was serious with only two ladies and i married thesecond one 58 years ago and we are still going strong.

I like people well read, I find that people that do not take an interest in intellectual behaviors, boring. Not that this is a big deal people that I have been with, with intelligence are much better with sexual behaviors.

Yes. Variety.

Yes...fkn losers

Hutch Level 7 Mar 25, 2018

Absolutely. I haven't dated in many years and do not anticipate the pattern changing.

Yes, I go out with a woman and never hear from her again. One broke the pattern, and went out with me for a couple of months before she moved out of state.

JimG Level 8 Mar 25, 2018

Not any more but in my younger days indeed. I always had to pursue the one that everyone wanted but was afraid to approach, So I just paid attention to the ones that others spoke of.
If I wanted a short time relationship or one nighters I looked for the ones looking. Mainly superficial relationships. I never really pursued those I had a connection with because I didn't want to lose that. Sometimes I lost that because I didn't.

Intelligence and depth. That's my type. Those two things can overcome a lot with me.

No established pattern due to lack of relevant data.

I have stopped falling in lust, I hope. I have found that giving her a real chance we grow a lot closer. Sadly, nothing has worked due to them not being able to accept that i don't believe in their gods.

Far too many!

Yeah, I don't date.Repeating zero is a pattern.

About all I can say is that they were all female. That’s about the only quality they all share.

She gotta be intelligent and inventive.

Yeah. I don't...

Can a nonexistent thing have a pattern? Maybe void. Or far-off stars. I dunno. I dated an astrophysics student for ten years.

Sparse. Living near the Bible-crotch (Oklahoma is called the buckle of the Bible belt, so Dallas/Fort Worth must be near the crotch), plus being very picky because I have made bad decisions regarding who I have dated in the past leads me to be cautious about who I spend time with.

In the past, seeking strong, independent women I have ended up with a few strongly narcissist choices who did a number on my trust, as well as some who were surprisingly insecure. I am working on better choices.

Moving forward, I can only be with someone who is very secure (emotionally, at least), strong, independent, creative, intelligent, and has a wicked sense of humor to match mine. That should be easy enough, right?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43156
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.