Agnostic.com

21 4

Has anyone met someone in person here?

• 10 votes
  • 27 votes
DavidMontenegro 3 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love this site because it lets me be me. I'd be happy meeting someone from this site for discussion, a game of chess, a cup of coffee, many drinks etc. Would I meet someone on here for nookie? Of course. That's what I adore about this place. It's more than just about looking for whatever kind of relationship you want. Very smart, interesting people here.

The pool here is very small with less than 17,000 members. We need to expand the member pool to increase the odds of meeting someone that shares our interests and world view.

Not ready yet, but I'm hopeful. I want to get to know people here better before rl encounters.

I have not but there are about a dozen people on here I'd love to hang around with irl

Not yet but it's possible.

Perish the thought. It gives me the shivers. I don't get out much.

No other members on my island - so no. I've only been a member for a week though - so who knows - and perhaps some members might vacation to Kauai and want to get together for a sunset chat on the beach or something.

I'd like to see some regional meetups in the future - just putting it out there - not necessarily for dating purposes - but as a community to meet members we admire through their posts. I am starved for conversation with like-minded individuals. That's why I'm here!

Still trying to level up

Not yet, but Hope springs eternal...& hold hands with Sarcasm & Reality...(statistically, at my age, I have a better chance of getting killed in a plane crash than finding a mate...& I don't fly). ?

Yes, as friends. Not local, next state over.

I have also heard of other people meeting.

Two gentleman, both great company and great conversations. One is now in a relationship and we are still friends and Scrabble partners.

Nena Level 6 Mar 25, 2018

I've chatted with a few but no meetups. I've been out of the dating scene for 20 years so it's not a burning issue for me. Que Sera, Sera

Flew out to West Coast and spent several weeks out there. Heard a couple that met here are getting married.

No, but if we did this, freethoughtcruise.wordpress.com, many of us could meet the geographically improbable members.

I just marked my calendar for March 21-25 2019. Hope to see you all there!!!!!

Or plan some meetups - cruises or otherwise on the West Coast or more convenient for me, Hawaii! It would be fun to have quarterly gatherings in each quadrant of the US or something... I've only been a member for a week, but regional gatherings might be a fun idea for the future. (Not as expensive as a cruise.)

No but then I just joined. SO we will see.

Ldox Level 4 Mar 25, 2018

Not yet, but I suspect that I will.

It's nice to be on here, to be able to speak, and be understood. If I meet someone, fine. And if not, that's fine too.

New people join daily, so there's always hope that someone mutually compatible is living near you.

Nice to know!

They are all thousands of miles away.

Ain't it the truth!!

@El-loco & @farmboy2017
Yes, that seems to be true. I've resigned myself to the fact that a long distance relationship may be my best option, so I'm trying to figure that out and how to navigate it.

There's always planes, trains and automobiles?

@BeeHappy may be my only option, too.

Not yet. But I'm optimistic.

Gohan Level 7 Mar 25, 2018

Great! Another optimist. I thought I was the only one on this site. LOL You may be goaded because of it, but hang tough! 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43350
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.