Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK ICE used a fake university to weed out student visa fraud. But the students say they were duped. - Vox

Seems like entrapment in order to deport immigrant students. Outrageous.

bingst 8 Dec 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

entrapment ? I don't think so :

[justia.com]

The thing that bothers me is that they listed their fake university on DHS's web site as an approved institution. Honestly, I read several articles about it, and I'm not sure I have enough info to make a conclusion either way. For example, news reports state a number of 600 students, so why were only a fraction -- less than a third -- charged? Were the other students not even immigrants? If they were not immigrants, doesn't that severely weaken their cases?

@bingst . . . good points, but I think what happened is the 'nature' of a sting operation.

Too bad they didn't have a sting operation going to stop Melania from fraudulently obtaining a Visa.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:434420
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.