Agnostic.com

3 1

If undeniable evidence of a diety or deities were to come out tomorrow, how would you respond?

Disclaimer: Obviously this is totally hypothetical as that will never happen.

I personally still would not worship said deity/deities because they would have let far too many horrible acts be carried out without even trying to rectify these problems. Assuming they're all powerful, this would make them highly morally flawed and not something I would want to connect myself to.

Mea 7 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If it was testable and verifiable I would believe but don’t think I’d be worshipping it.

Agreed

It wouldn't matter. This is basically roko's basilisk restated, they would judge you by your previous behaviour. That being said, should I meet my maker I could look them in the eye.

IF such an event were to occur I've never been one shy away from admitting I was wrong. But at that point I would probably just accept my fate and start Mr. or Mrs. Deity what the hell their problem is and why they let shit get so messed up. I'd hold them acountable.

Agreed. Obviously I wouldn't deny that there was a deity/deities if there was undeniable evidence for one, but that would hardly make me bow down to them considering all the evil in the world.

@Mea Why would you think a deity would want worship? People want to be worshipped, I would think a deity by definition would be above that?

@Druvius I suppose I'm mostly thinking along the lines of the Abrahamic god in regards to this question, thus imagining it would want to be worshiped.

@Mea Point granted, the Abrahamaaic God people imagine is infantile at best. A God who wants to be worshipped. Give me a break.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43453
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.