Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Eugenia Zukerman on living with Alzheimer's - CBS News

Currently I have 2 folks in mental decline, one severely affected. Hope this ladys sense of humor helps - at least till she forgets what humor is.

1of5 8 Dec 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm so sorry for you and your loved ones. It's a wicked illness. I lost my dad three years ago after a horrible decline with ALZ.

I watched my dad slip away like this. Wa a blessing when he died. Anyone who thinks thats a religious term can go kick rocks,

Dementia, Alzheimer’s, so subtle at the start, so debilitating at the end, so difficult to watch happen from nearby. My mom is slowing slipping into dementia while still healthy in most other ways. Difficult to watch and know this could be me in the near future.

It sucks. Been trying to get them into a facility for almost 2 years now, but moms been resisting (stepdad is a virtual vegetable at this point) the whole time ("things are fine, were doing ok" she said after back to back broken arms last year), and she's deteriorated rapidly in the last 6 months. I may have to get guardianship to get them into a place for the full time care they both need, and aren't getting.

@1of5 sometimes you Must do things they will short-term hate you for, like a parent preventing a child from drowning. Better to know they are taking their meds properly and not burning down the house!

@AnneWimsey yup, sometimes things just blow, and that's the way it is.

@1of5 worry & stress are hastening bad things........

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:436032
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.