Agnostic.com

13 20

Russia banned from 2020 Olympics and 2022 World Cup over doping scandal

Good. Russia deserves it.

[cnn.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

steroids! not surprising!

Again!!!!!

i'll bet all countries cut corners. russia got caught. our bike rider cheated. forget his name

Like american pete rose used to say... "If you are not Cheating, you are not Trying."

motrubl4u they are waiting for him to die. He is a Hall of Famer.

Unfortunately,the door has been left open for some compromise in 2022. Putin will not go down without a fight.

Happy they are standing up to this and that the clean athletes can compete as neutrals ,maybe more of the athletes will stop taking the drugs so they can play clean and attend

Everyone knows who Russia is except donald trump and the GOP. I traveled in former Soviet countries Austria, Czech Republic, Latvia, and Estonia. THe hatred for Russia is in the air and fresh. Oh and I know you like proper writing, but I never capitalize anything related to the person squatting in the White House!

I don’t think Austria was part of the USSR. They were annexed by Nazi Germany during WW 2, but became a sovereign republic afterwards.

The world is watching everything Russian now.

literate hiker. Do you have proof that Russia cheated? Do you have proof that other countries do not cheat? If not, the statement would be in line with statements NYTimes publishes. If they tell me that it is dark outside I have to go to look if it is important to me.

What's new about that?
Countries have been 'feeding' athletes all kinds of 'enhancement' stuffs for as long as there have been the Modern Olympics in my opinion.
You've only got to know a little about human anatomy to realize that every human body has a limit to the amount of NATURAL muscle mass that it can be expected develop under 100% NORMAL circumstances, anything else, logically, has to be enhanced in some way or method.

But they have an operative in Washington...He will probably lobby for them to be reconsidered.

What's old is new again! Or vice versa.

So very sad that athletes who traine years, give their hearts are kicked out for politics

@69ArizonaJerry

Exactly. Athletes suffer from Russia's cheating.

@LiterateHiker I'd hazard to say that it is NOT just Russia alone BUT almost every other country as well, the BRAGGING Rights any country gets from winning Olympic Gold medals is the main problem in my opinion.

@LiterateHiker Russian athletes can choose to compete as neutrals.

@Triphid The difference here is that the State was coordinating and colluding in the doping...not just being ineffective at stopping it like some other countries.

@Marionville Well, it seems little was done to stop the likes of Lance Armstrong and the Canadian bloke, Johnston ( the one that everyone used to say was once a Checkout Girl at a Supermarket BEFORE entering into Athletics, etc, LOL), did it?
Shit, if it was all run under the Ancient Rules of the Original Olympics most of those caught cheating would be killed by the crowds for it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:436438
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.