Agnostic.com

24 9

I Lost a Friend Today

I lost a friend this morning. I believe she died from kidney failure due to her diabetes. She was just over 40 years old and leaves behind a husband and 2 teenage daughters. She was always so sweet and kind. Things like this doesn't make sense, but I keep having to remind myself that life is chaos on this pale blue dot in the universe. Hug the ones you love today and cherish them, because you never know what might happen.

“Why are we here?
Because we’re here...
Roll the Bones...
Roll the Bones...

Why does it happen?
Because it happens...
Roll the Bones...
Roll the Bones...”

--Neil Peart

ballou 8 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm very sorry. I hope the good memories you have of your friend will bring you comfort as you learn to cope with the loss of her.

Deb57 Level 8 Mar 26, 2018

It is sad. Sorry for your loss. I know several people who are diabetic; I have one who is disabled living in my home. Terminally ill, mostly bedridden, my 22 year old's father was in a nursing home with no where else to go. Divorced for over 20 years we don't socialize much and I have a nurses aide/nurse for him. Health is the most precious commodity. Even estranged families still can assist someone as a friend.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

That’s so sad. I’m sorry, Balou. ?

Sorry for your loss, friends are hard to let go of. At 64 I didn't think I would be looking at a last man club situation, but I am. When i responded to the world trade center attack I was paired with fourteen other guys and worked twelve hour days for a month. We are down to two of us left, sudden death and sucicide. The two of us left were the oldest ones of the group. Even dealing in death it is never easy and goes not get easier no matter how long you live. Hold onto the memories and cherish them. They will be something to hold onto!

BillF Level 7 Mar 26, 2018

My best friend's husband got called in that day from Elizabeth NJ Fire Dept -hes ok knock on wood. Won't talk about it at all.

That was a horrible day. I’m glad you survived and I’m sorry to hear about the friends you lost.

Sorry for your loss but nicely put.

Sorry, condolences to you and her family.

There is no sense or fare or rights. we need death for life to exist. she feels nothing now.

So sorry for your loss, my deepest condolences. The closest we ever come to immortality is to be remembered long after we are gone.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Thank you, bb.

I'm 49 and I have just been diagnosed with diabetes. It's kind of scary.

My grandmother had diabetes and was able to fight it until she reached the age of 79.

I'm sorry to hear that, my condolences.

Thank you everyone, for your kind words. They mean a lot to me.

I’m sorry for the loss of your friend.

Im so sorry for you, your friend and her family. Such a shame

That is really sad and you put it so well. I'm sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. Diabetes is some scary stuff.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Very sorry to hear. 😟

I lost my wife two years ago, I know the pain, trust me, it will get better.

Such a lovely person. No justice. Jerks remain and kind people perish. My condolences.

I'm sorry for your loss, but I admire your attitude. (((hugs)))

Thank you!

I’m sorry for your loss

Gigi Level 3 Mar 29, 2018

Thank you!

You have my sincere condolences. It never gets easier.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43818
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.