Agnostic.com

43 3

A Message To Your 18-Year-Old Self

If you could go back in time and deliver one message to yourself at the age of 18, would you - and what would it be?

Jnei 8 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Stop chasing boys and go to trade school! Save up your money and travel! Get a work visa and go live in Australia!

Don't date Valerie when you meet her in 4 years. Instead, run like hell!

Walk away.

"Start a public relations company when you're 26 years old focusing on web development, branding, graphic design, and promotional writing, because nobody else in the area is really doing it and these are things you're good at. Have confidence and commit to it."

18 was the age I said "no" to my parents bigotry and racism and left home in High School. I would tell myself you were being abused by your parents. You should have left sooner.

Get away from our mother and find a good therapist. Maybe even try 12-step.

"Don't settle for less than you deserve. Ignore those girls that feel the need to bully you. Get out more. Live your life with no regrets."

Joseph Smith was a lying piece of shit.

Hopefully I could extrapolate from there.lol

Your life will get better.

Go to college, get that piece of paper that says you have your education. Don't let anyone make you think you're less than all that, because you are so much more than all that.

You're a good person just the way you are, you deserve love and a good life.

Don't listen to your mother. Be brave. Trust your gut. No, really, trust your gut.

All the winning lottery numbers for like a year.

jeffy Level 7 Mar 26, 2018

LOL

Trust your instincts more. Get that education piece out of the way early. Don't heed too much family advice.

Nothing. I made decisions based on the information l had at the time. Pointless to second guess. The only thing l can think of is DON'T SMOKE CIGARETTES!

Invest $10,000 in Microsoft stock.

"Hang in their you poor bastard"
One of the worst years of my life. I was homeless and spent most of it floodbound hundreds of miles from where I knew anybody.

Winning Powerball numbers every year from 18 to now, and every blue chip stock to buy with the winnings.

Buy Apple.

Don't trust anyone

but you can't do that it seems to be a way of feeling regret. I think while it may be fun to think about it the fac is ou cannot

I was in infantry training school when I turned 18, so....um....when you get out, don't burn all your stuff...you will wish you had it in about 20 years or so...

"Chill the heck out dude." I was a firebrand anti-theist when I was 18.

You're gay. Get out there and enjoy it.

(And if I can have a sly, tenuously related second): buy some dresses and some makeup.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43831
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.