Agnostic.com

18 21

LINK N.J. bill to remove religion as reason to avoid vaccinating kids enrages parents at hearing - nj.com

This is awesome! Now some ignorant parent's delusions won't put other (or their own) children at risk.

OldMetalHead 9 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Believers will let their children die, ...that is a fact!

[childrenshealthcare.org]
[childusa.org]

Now that's a healthy law. Just ignore the ignorant enragees. Their children's health is more important than their beliefs, which have zero evidence to back them up.

When the Bible was written there were no vaccinations. So why do Christians expect that they can avoid vaccinations on religious grounds?

Not everything is somehow connected to religion. I'd love to see the religious grounds for objecting to vaccinations. Is it something like "My firmly held religious belief is that god will protect my kid, and vaccinating questions god's power? or something like that?

The religious people are deluded by many issues. @Itiswhatitis

I agree with the delusion comment, but religious people generally don't respond to that. That is why I prefer to ask them to provide the basis for their belief. Maybe they would dredge up some passage from the bible, in which case I'd love to see what it is. If it is some general idea that vaccines disrupt god's plans, then they are suggesting that no medical intervention for anything is OK.

A while back I wrote an article for my Christian friends...@Itiswhatitis
A question for my Christian Friends.....

What do you do when your sick???

Do you make an appointment to see your Doctor?
Or do you follow the instructions in your Bible??

The Bible says.........
James 5:14-16(King James Version)
14Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

16Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

So which do you do? Call your Doctor or call your Elders??

If you fail to follow the Bible's instructions is it because you do not believe in the efficacy of the Bible's health plan? Do you lack faith? Do lack trust in God and his Word?

When you go see your Doctor rather than your Elders are you demonstrating your lack of belief, faith, and trust?

Anti Vax nutters expose their children & the whole community to very dangerous diseases. Some people can't be vaccinated because they are too young or have auto immune disorders. Their only protection is the "herd immunity" of the community.

We have almost eliminated horrible diseases such as measles, smallpox, polio because of vaccinations. Now these fools want to reverse all that because of religion or personal preference.

Tough shit

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 16, 2019

No one has the right to invade people's bodies without their consent.
Period.

@OldMetalHead I expected a reply like this. After all the info on the anti vaxxer side that most don't care about nor acknowledge, I have no words. Big Pharma loves you. I am not interested in your reply.

Tie em down and vaccinate. Shoot the parents. They pollute the gene pool.

@Bobby9 I am not in retreat. You have no idea as to my thinking or what info I have sought out. You reply was hostile and unnecessary. I have no interest in your reply.

Fuck the anti Vaxxers. Let them whine when their kids die.

@Trumpeter I'll stand by my statement. You got your kid a vaccine, and I am sorry they got sick. A certain percentage of folks DO get sick from time to time. I went into a fricken military hospital after getting the mud 70's swine flu vaccine. I feel badly for anyone who suffers trying to do the right thing, it happens. You want to threaten me with a gun, what the fuck, I'm usually here in a little town. Show my photo and find me.

@Trumpeter I believe you mean Mossberg, unless there is a Chinese knockoff.

"Your right to practice religion freely does not include...exposing the community or a child to a communicable disease,” Yerp, in a nutshell.

Seems a little hypocritical. Here we have a bunch of 'christians' who, as a group, say they are concerned about protecting the unborn. Yet, at the same time, they have no problem in putting their own ignorance and supposed protection of their own kids ahead of the unborn. On top of everything else don't they realize not being vaccinated with also make their kids more vulnerable to infectious diseases. Oh well, they may contract measles or some other diseases but at least they won't be autistic.

But there is NO medical proof nor evidence that vaccinations cause Autism BUT there is mountains of evidence and proof that Autism occurs DURING Gestation.

@Triphid Agreed but just try to tell the anti-vaxers of this. To them it's just a medical conspiracy.

@JackPedigo Yeah, just like those who try to tell you that Governments everywhere are putting chemicals into Jet Fuel that are designed to make the population dumb and obedient and that's why passenger jets leave white trails as they fly over.

@Triphid Maybe a little truth to that. I just learned that prop. planes especially the small private types use leaded gas. [faa.gov]

@JackPedigo That maybe so BUT Governments, despite the Conspiracy Theorist Nut jobs, are NOT adding chemicals to make the populace dumb and obedient into Jet Fuels.
The white trails we see behind high flying jets and other aircraft are the result of hot exhaust gases meeting with the colder outside atmosphere just as the exhaust from a car does on a very cold day or in winter weather and our breath does the same in cold conditions.

@Triphid It's not a matter of adding chemicals but removing ones that had previously been added. Most people, myself included, are unaware that planes often still use leaded gas and the, obviously, refiners still make this fuel. It is not a conspiracy but just something the government hasn't made widely known. There is a difference. I also learned, after my daughter had the catalytic converter on her van stolen that the industries that make those converters lobbied congress to allow them to buy back used converters. So the stolen converters will go right back to the people who made them in the first place. Not a conspiracy just not made generally known. I am sure there are tons of stuff like this and I believe more in industrial conspiracies then government ones. The government (all governments) are often just a willing partner.

@JackPedigo Leaded fuel is ONLY used in piston driven aircraft manufactured prior to 1985 and these days, instead of adding lead to the fuel they to stop the 'knock' in the motor that occurs when using un-leaded fuel in older engines they add a new and non-leaded based product that is quite safe, contains no lead and increases the octane rating.
Australia started fazing out leaded fuels back in the mid 80's btw, and it is illegal to add lead or use leaded in fuels in Australia.

Children should come first. Religion shouldn't come first.

Because if you want to live in a society you need to protect the members of it! If you want to not vaccinate, find a desert island with like-minded. Keep your germ-spreading selves away from the rest of us!

And Die off when the first major epidemic arrives.

We want to be free to let our kids die!!!. Now there's an advertisement for religion.

It really amazes me how the religious use that Amendment to force their view, thinking or lifestyle on others. Glad to see they passed this bill, sorry the little girls' ignorant parents are using her this way.

"Your right to practice religion freely does not include...exposing the community or a child to a communicable disease,” Weller said.

To me those words say it all. I'm also wondering what a belief in gods has to do with being an antivaxxer? It takes a special kind of stupid for this.

The parents of the little girl who said she would be sad to have to leave school can blame her ignorant parents! So sick of these Neanderthals believing their stupid religion is going to protect them! They are putting other children in harms way by not vaccinating.

Because exposing EVERYONE to infectious diseases is "GOD'S plan!" Idiots! I encountered a woman with a petition on vaccinations in my state, and her schpiel made it sound like a freedom of choice issue. I read the petition and said, no this is just attempt to opt out of vaccinations. I said, "I agree, it's your choice. HOWEVER, if you make that choice then you should be BARRED from putting your child into school, or anywhere else where they could possibly INFECT others! Sorry, I can't sign this." And walked away.

Good,,.the sooner Governor Murphy signs the bill the better!

Well that's a surprise but happy they voted that way.

It is Jersy, not Alabama or Arkansas

@Beowulfsfriend You would think that would make a difference but it doesn't. The organic foods, home made baby food etc crowd are rabidly vaccine phobic as are the highly religious. So sad and dangerous.

@GreatNani I met a woman on POF who was a right wing religious anti-vax person. Her dietary ideas were out of the medieval ages. I tried to understand her very unconventional food grouping ideas and finally gave up. We never did go out on a date....lol. (Just to give an example: she always ate dinner between 5 and 6 and went to bed at 10. As she explained, it gave the body time to digest the food so as to not create toxins (she was big on toxins). Why 10? Apparently some sort of biblical thing, none of which I could comprehend. Taking her out to dinner would have been a challenge. LoL.

@yamaha45701 Yep, you get some real 'beauties out there don't you?
I went with one them who flatly REFUSED to eat Dinner ( the Evening meal) UNLESS it was served at EXACTLY 9.00pm "BECAUSE," and get this, "THAT WAS the time that Jesus sat down to eat the Last Supper."
She got very irate with me when I asked how she knew that it was at EXACTLY 9.00pm Jerusalem time when actual and accurate time keeping devices had not either been invented nor even thought of then.

@Triphid The ability of the human mind to come up with the ideas that are conjured out of smoke and mirrors amazes me. Glad to hear I didn't run into the only crazy christian dietary nutjob out there.....lol

@yamaha45701 not the thing to do when on a dinner date LOL. So odd 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:438780
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.