Agnostic.com

116 18

Do you talk to yourself?

And, does your self talk back? ; )

I talk to myself a lot. Even while I sleep. You?

silvereyes 8 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

116 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Positive self-talk is a powerful tool for changing one's not-so-happy mood. You're the best!

Off and on. Drove cross country for 6 years, Sometimes I would talk to myself as a means of practicing my vocabulary.

I have dogs...I am talking to Them, should anyone ask! Lol!

All the times and twice on Sundays.

I tend to think out loud, usually when working through a problem, scientific/mechanical. When I'm in the "Think three times, measure twice, cut once" mode. Or when I say, "I cut that three times and it's still too short." Oops!

I tallk to my cat like he was another human, I'm OK with him not answering, in fact sometimes I answer for him..

We all have our internal voices and conversations. Mine varys from good advice to fuck off...

I guess I do but only to call myself names when I screw up: dumb shit, idiot, etc. I don't argue with myself because I know I am right.

I not only talk to myself, I talk for my animals and have conversations with them.

Pro tip: Use a Bluetooth headset everyone thinks your on the phone.

I talk to myself only if I have something interesting to say...

I talk to myself, generally when I'm alone. I don't have a problem with it although I sometimes I have to ensure I'm not entering into a full blown conversation with myself. ?

RonB Level 5 Apr 1, 2018

I do indeed more so since living alone. Doesn't bother me ?

I do when I'm driving. It helps pass the time on the drive as my car stereo doesn't work that well. It helps me organize my thoughts and put together narratives about certain things. I'm still dealing with the fallout from a divorce that my former spouse isn't taking very well and replaying events and talking about them out loud helps me sort through a lot of junk that has been laid upon me by someone with some mental health issues and it helps me maintain sanity.

I remember a comedy bit I saw about talking to yourself.
It kind of depends what you say. I mean there's a big differnce between "Where'd I put my car keys?" and "I am Satan's Plaything!!!"

All the time. Especially when I do a dumb.

I talk to myself a lot. Especially when I want to have a stimulating conversation with a brilliant mind.

All the time. And in several languages according to my mood. Even some I don't know.

Regularly, and regularly. LOL!
I remember a line from a show years and years ago calling it interesting conversations with an interesting person. I guess it's a good thing to like myself enough to talk to me... I mean honestly, how would I manage if I didn't like myself? It isn't like I can avoid me.

AmyLF Level 7 Mar 29, 2018

Glad I'm not the only one...

All the time. She talks to me, tells me weird ideas, but never violent. She's like an inner monologue.

Constantly.... I told you not to tell anyone... Fuck not again? ?

Always,because I'm the only one that listens to me. 🙂

Way too much...lol

To practice speech and obviously in my head but every concious person does that

Yes, yes, yes. So much so that often when I am trying to talk to my boyfriend, he does not respond because he assumed I was talking to myself; also I mumble, so that doesn't help me either.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:44014
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.