Agnostic.com

116 18

Do you talk to yourself?

And, does your self talk back? ; )

I talk to myself a lot. Even while I sleep. You?

silvereyes 8 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

116 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes. I don't have imaginary friends to talk to anymore.

Yes, all my life.

I yell at myself. It's the only way l can get my attention.

All the time, but my dog listens to me so it doesn't count.

I'd listen to you too! Intently!

i talk to my dog too but sometimes I feel that he nothing but contempt for me. He turns his rear end to me when I am saying something.

@silvereyes I think my dog is waiting for those keywords puppy food, puppy treat, walk, go for a ride and who's here to see you

yes. all secular types do.

Yep, I do. I'm not sure about when I sleep. lol

When I’m alone. All the time.

Absolutely! But the day I start arguing with myself, it's time to face the facts my train isn't going around the tracks lol.
Seriously, it helps organize my world and keep me focused

A lot since I'm pretty much the only one that understands my mumbling.
Who likes explaining what you just mumbled?

Yes. I do it when I'm working on something complicated.

Yes. I catch myself doing it in public sometimes, too. Whoops.

All the time. Talk. Respond. Oh yeah. That's me

I used to hold conversations with other people in my sleep.

If I still do it - only the cats know!

All the time. Especially when I do a dumb.

All the time. And in several languages according to my mood. Even some I don't know.

Regularly, and regularly. LOL!
I remember a line from a show years and years ago calling it interesting conversations with an interesting person. I guess it's a good thing to like myself enough to talk to me... I mean honestly, how would I manage if I didn't like myself? It isn't like I can avoid me.

AmyLF Level 7 Mar 29, 2018

Glad I'm not the only one...

Way too much...lol

....only when I want to have an intelligent conversation....hahaha

I talk to myself lots as well. I don't generally talk back, though. Ill answer my own questions sometimes, but thats when i like almost immediately realize, like "OH, thats why" or later sometimes i might say that same sort of thing. Generally always luke an oh or ah moment, not really in the form of formal question and answer lol.

Always have, unabashedly, and I've never worried about it. Now, if I tell myself a joke I've never heard...

Everyday and twice on Sundays. LOL

Seriously, since I was a kid I did my reasoning alone and aloud.

Rarely but do, however this is only for me to process past conversations in my mind or if I am multi-tasking complicated stuff.

Only when I really need some intelligent conversation, which is often. Problem is, I'm a bit worried about my Google Home Assistant recording it, and one day a couple of men in white coats with pills and syringes might come a-knocking and off I'll be dragged. Just so you know, I also talk to the TV, my ipad, my computer, my phone and my tablet, and sometimes it's not pretty.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:44014
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.