Agnostic.com

21 4

Why do women on dating sites want someone that can make them laugh?

I see a many bios on dating sites stating that, I'm not sure what they mean, a comedian type, jokester or ? I can't recall being able to do that on a first meeting.

PickledRick 8 Mar 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Laughing releases endorphins. Endorphins make us feel good.

MiRe Level 2 Mar 27, 2018

It is just a canard repeated by unimaginative women

Honestly, I prefer men who piss me off. Historically speaking, that is. ?

It should be pretty easy, then, to find Mr. Right. I'm confident he's around every corner. ?

every gutter, under every rock, you can probably just leave a bit of rope outside your house and get one.

LMAO!

Because it's very important to have fun whatever you do.

I only spend time with people who make me laugh. Laughing feels as good as sex, l can do it a lot longer, and l don't have to shower afterwards. 🙂

I actually haven't seen many profiles stating that they're looking for someone who can make them laugh, but I know that's often rated high on the list of desirable qualities — right between "shaved back" and "no funky smells" (okay, I made that last part up).

I don't understand the obsession with nullifying or hiding secondary sexual characteristics. Bring on the hirsute!

@ailurophile This guy comes to mind [i.stuff.co.nz] ?

@resserts Honestly, if someone were covered with soft fur all over... rrrrowr.

Who the fuck wants to be with a grumpy twat? I suffer depression and I don't like myself then either.

Who the hell wants to date someone who doesn't get your jokes?

I don't know. I've never said that on a dating site. I want someone who can make me think and feel.

Good for you.

All I have to do is post my picture and the laughter begins. My youngest granddaughter thinks I look like the Lorax.

Do you want us to feel sorry because you look like Lorax? 😟

@DUCHESSA No. I think it's kinda funny that she thinks I look like a Lorax! She's a sophomore in high school.

@farmboy2017 Don't worry. I was told -all my life- that I look like Bette Davis.....and unfortunately I know is truth. 😘

On the bright side, the Lorax is a bad-ass. I'd say it's a compliment

The Lorax was a Good Egg. If you're like the Lorax, then that's attractive. 🙂

@DUCHESSA But Bette Davis had gorgeous, expressive eyes!

@ailurophile Yeah I'm a goodie! Thanks!!

@davyjones I never saw the movie. Maybe I have to, now, since I'm a bad-ass🙂

@ailurophile And I do as well....but she wasn't a looker.

@farmboy2017 - Get the book too, especially if you have youngsters in your life. They'll love it.

@DUCHESSA I tend to agree about the not being a 'looker' observation. Plus I always thought like she sounded as if she smoked 40 paks of cigarettes a day for 100 years. But that's just me.

@farmboy2017 Great actress...but not a looker.....Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Oh, come now! I think Bette Davis was gorgeous. [google.com]

@ailurophile Ok, maybe s little ?

Well, apparently there are some bored ladies out there looking for entertainment.

If a man makes me laugh that's great but it's much more important to me that he has a sense of humor and can laugh at himself, us, an awkward situation, other than say, get angry or frustrated. I don't like angry at the world or people.

A guy has to have a sense of humor & be able to laugh at himself & the absurdity of life. Its an important quality to have.

Looking in the mirror,what do you Really see?Has life and time been That good to you??Better have a good story,or,atleast be able to share a laugh.

Because there is no greater joy than to laugh.

IMO

My ex made me laugh hysterically all the time. If it weren't for trump, republicanism, hunting, and religion, we'd still be together.

Liked this. 🙂

Why wouldn't they? That's one of the main things I look for too.

I agree with them, a date when you are both having a good laugh means you are having fun, enjoying yourselves.

I sure as hell do, life is crappy enough wirhout some humour.

I don't want to be "made" to laugh. I want a mutual interaction, an opportunity for both of us to build on what the other has said. Repartee is one of my favorite team sports.

Ahh, voice of reason...lol

@buzz13 Ha! That's the first time anyone has ever called me a "voice of reason". The next time someone tells me I'm being unreasonable, I'm going to tell them I'm the voice of reason. buzz13 said!

Thanks, by the way. :

@ailurophile I aim to please....lol

@buzz13 That reminds me of a sign I saw in a bathroom. "I aim to please. You aim too, please."

Making people, in this case 'woman' laugh is based on their intuitive need for security. To make them feel happy, good, positive, to have a bright outlook on life, not tell jokes or be a professional comedian but to relate to their soul.

These women probably don't want to be around someone who takes everything so serious because they have to put up with all that while at work. If they chose to be around someone, they probably would chose someone fun loving and fun to be with rather than a person who seems limiting. I, personally, have made up my mind that I have much better things to do than to waste my time and temperment on someone who is not interesting and not fun. They only mention it in their dating sites because most men of a certain age want someone to take care of them rather than be a companion.

It's the wording of it that could use a better description. I was only doing online stuff since my divorce 4 years ago so I need to understand terms better.....thank you

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:44326
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.