Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK The Shadow Commander (Qassem Suleimani) | The New Yorker

From 2013, a little information about the dear departed Qassem Suleimani.

Suleimani took command of the Quds Force fifteen years ago, and in that time he has sought to reshape the Middle East in Iran’s favor, working as a power broker and as a military force: assassinating rivals, arming allies, and, for most of a decade, directing a network of militant groups that killed hundreds of Americans in Iraq. The U.S. Department of the Treasury has sanctioned Suleimani for his role in supporting the Assad regime, and for abetting <strong>terrorism</strong>. And yet he has remained mostly invisible to the outside world, even as he runs agents and directs operations. “Suleimani is the single most powerful operative in the Middle East today,” John Maguire, a former C.I.A. officer in Iraq, told me, “and no one’s ever heard of him.”
altschmerz 9 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

CIA armed invaders to Libya and Syria....blaming Iran and vilifying Dr Assad is a genocidal profiteering OBSCENITY of history since 2007

Thanks for posting this - very interesting background on the complex relations between Iran & US through Suleimani. Shows that nothing is simple in this region.

He was a dangerous guy, granted. That said, many questions are left as to how this furthers U.S. Mid-East involvement and the safety of American citizens. Also, the Veep has made comments about his possible involvement in 911 - a statement I will call bullshit on as that attack was done by Sunni Arabs, most from "our bestest buddy" Saudi Arabia.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:446023
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.