Agnostic.com

4 5

LINK Last call for aging white evangelicals: The political marriage to Trump will collapse. What then? – Baptist News Global

This article is amazing!!

The Republican exercise in groupthink was particularly impressive because it was employed in defense of the most corrupt and unhinged figure in American political history.

How did we get here?

It is rarely noted that Trump was the clear choice of white America. He won the white vote in the cities, the suburbs, the exurbs, the small towns and the whistle stops. Trump won decisively among white mainline Protestants and white Catholics. He triumphed among white women as well as white men. Trump was even supported by 41 percent of white millennial voters.

Still, it was Trump’s overwhelming victory among aging white evangelicals that delivered the keys to the White House.

It is frequently argued that white evangelicals have been brainwashed by megachurch preachers and Fox News. But the preachers and pundits advance by telling a select audience what it wants to hear. And what aging white evangelicals want to hear is precisely what you get from Fox and the big-name preachers on Trump’s Evangelical Advisory Council.

“The power behind the throne is a band of aging white evangelicals.”

Similarly, if aging white evangelicals stayed home on Election Day, GOP candidates would go down in flames. Conservative preachers, pundits and politicians survive by learning to think like aging white evangelicals, a fact that makes this demographic the most powerful people on the planet in the dying days of 2019.

Powerful, and most to be pitied.

Whatever Christianity Today might dare to say, aging white evangelicals are foursquare for their president because they are desperate. Donald Trump smells desperation a mile away. It’s his superpower. Trump needs aging white evangelicals as much as they need him.

HippieChick58 9 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Indeed

I'm really hoping there's a ugly ugly divorce.

I know alot of those morons that voted for him regret it after the cluster fuck he given this country. Only good thing from his presidency is that our numbers are rising at a faster rate. Maybe we will out number the religious in the very near future.

Hopefully they all contract the flu and stay home on Election Day.

I could buy a portable nail gun, and with a driver could insure that a lot couldn't open their doors.......

@AnneWimsey That would be a lot of work. Nails are not cheap.

@AnneWimsey cool idea.

@dalefvictor Ocean State/Job Lot nails, 12d would hold 'em in long enough, methinks and Soooo worth it!

@AnneWimsey Make sure the people in the home do not hear you do this. Do not want to hear about how you got shot.

@dalefvictor I figure 3-5 nails on the diagonal, each jamb. And Run...thus the driver.

@AnneWimsey Just do not want you to get hurt!

@dalefvictor I appreciate that! I'm thinking the running (or Trying to run) will probably kill me the quickest

@AnneWimsey You sound like you know what you are doing. You're going to need a gun that uses CO2 cartridges, so you don't have to mess with cords. Don't want ones with batteries, too heavy.

@dalefvictor Bingo!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:446217
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.