Agnostic.com

8 1

LINK U.S. Catholic officials welcome Catholic-Muslim document signed by pope | National Catholic Reporter

So I came across this story the other day. It seems pretty incredible that two religions like that would come together. Not so much coming from the Catholics. They've been lobbying for ecumenism for years now. More from the Muslim side. At the risk of sounding "Islamaphobic," they hardly seem like a religion that would want to compromise or cooperate with anyone they deem as an infidel. Now what would catch my attention even more is if a representative for Judaism shook hands with the Iman. People like my Baptist mom will say this is prophecy being fulfilled for the one world government. What is your opinion?

Auty89 6 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

To me their religion is "one most foul" they will come together then butcher the non believers. I am sorry but Muslim doctrine basically says you can tolerate, but at any time you remove non believers from the planet. They are never getting any virgins. My feeling is all Zealous Driven religion will eventually do this. Humans can be evil to each other , religion just makes it OK. The violent get a pass, and all is good until it isn't then they find a new scapegoat.

Roman catholics are trying for some decades now to unify or at least pacify the cults of YHWH. They are having some success with the other patriarchs, at least they recognize each other now (the pope being one of the 5 big ones).

It might be difficult to conciliate with the protestant branches but as churches loose power their only hope is to join in a single voice to keep relevant.

Also, There is not one islam, the same way there is not one christian religion.
One of the Christian cults signed a document with one of the Islamic cults.

My opinion, for the next centuries (unless a reactionary wave happens) the ortodoxies will rejoin in one universal catholic church (with the patriarchs united in a semi indpendent politic way). Protestant churches will merge and in the end will disappear or rejoin the catholics.

The other 2 cults (jewish and islam) will have the same unification waves but takes time as their cultural roots are waaaaay deeper and more rooted into the individual identity.

I do understand Islam, I attended a very excellent catholic all boys school in NYC in the 70's. My teachers of history were all non religious. Islam will go along to get along, until someone wants power, then they gang up and obliterate the enemy. Islam, like Christianity, is an evangelical religion. Except, they don't care how they get new believers, convert or die is fine by them. Christians had similar views. Islam came a few hundred years after Christianity was in bloom, and the jews got'm beat by 2K years, so I do not see their cultural roots as deep as the Jews, or Christians.

My feeling is the Jewish religion is silly, Christains are just jews that do not follow the rules and the Muslims are a day late and a dollar short.

And it is easier to convert starving war torn people as the situation becomes more dire.

I sit here waiting for mass conversions with corona virus. Iran is in deep shit, trump offers help to North Korea and Iran, ignoring as much as possible his own people. (he and the repugnican party.) He knows they will turn it down, so he looks good, he put a loser in charge of the effort.

Pense ignored the issues of heroin addiction and aids. He did that in a self resolving in a good way. He stopped refused to implement needle trade in. He spread AIDS through his state.

He gets rid of druggies, (at no cost), and he gets rid of faggots, (with out storm troopers and concentration camps, and no cost).

he then can say he did nothing wrong. Letting druggies not have needles stops heroin use, (hah), and faggots have a choice, keep doing sinful stuff, or die.

no guns, no muss, no fuss.

And no charges against the Sackler family or Perdue Pharma. Eventually they had no choice but to jail people. But teh Sacklers had structured the company so they have clean hands.

They should be jailed, depleted of all funds, and made to work in coal mines or in aids wards and Carona Virus wards, all of them. Their company should be sold off.

too radical?

Sounds like people being sensible. If that is fulfilling prophecy then we could do with more of them!

Anything which reduces senseless conflict due to religion is a plus.

They also urged religious and political leaders to "bring an end to wars, conflicts, environmental decay and the moral and cultural decline that the world is presently experiencing." It's what you do that matters not what you say. They still stone women to death and behead apostates and non believers.

Who would ‘they’ be?

None of the Muslim people I have known do.

This is true. Take formalities with a grain of salt, and always look at things from different perspectives.

@Geoffrey51 You're right. I was generalizing an entire group with the actions of a few radicals.

Today representatives from the Marvell and D.C. universe released a joint statement signed by Stan Lee...

1of5 Level 8 Jan 9, 2020

Fair enough. You can still argue that it's all in their heads. But what if things happen that seem to align with what certain eschatology says?

@Auty89 you can argue anything you feel like, doesn't give it validity. It's what supports the argument that does that. For an example, see politics, modern.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, doesn't mean it's useful for telling time.

My opinion is fuck the pope, the imams, the rabbis and all other religious brainwazhers!

That’s helpful!

@Geoffrey51 who the fuck cares to help these hypocrites!

In those who they choose to hate Roman Catholics and Sunni Muslims have more in common, than they have differences.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:447525
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.